The UMass Memorial Health Care Department of Psychiatry is the largest provider of psychiatric services in central Massachusetts with over 400 faculty members who work in a variety of settings within UMass Memorial Health Care, the University of Massachusetts Medical School, and the public sector. We integrate our clinical, research, teaching and community partnership activities to help individuals and families transform their lives through recovery from mental illness and addiction.
We seek a BE/BC psychiatrist to lead one of our University inpatient units. Our inpatient units are flagship teaching programs of the department. They provide acute clinical care to patients challenged by significant mental illness and have or will need intense community support following discharge.
- The Unit Director, 8 East will provide psychiatric and medical supervision as well as clinical care for our 15-bed inpatient psychiatry unit located on the University Campus.
- Candidates with interest in an all-clinical role or a half-time research role are encouraged to apply. As a half-time researcher, you would cover half the typical inpatient unit caseload (i.e., ~6 patients).
- J1 Waiver and H1B visa candidates will be considered.
- Academic rank and compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Competitive compensation package and extensive benefits package.
The Worcester area is rich in history and cultural diversity. We offer
- a broad range of excellent primary and secondary schools,
- several highly regarded colleges including Clark University, The College of the Holy Cross, and Worcester Polytechnic Institute,
- a variety of affordable housing options from newly renovated condominiums to gracious Victorian homes,
- numerous restaurants, theater groups, and concert venues, and
- easy access to Boston and Cape Cod a well as Providence and Newport, Rhode Island, all of which are within an hour's drive.
- In short, Worcester provides a myriad of social, cultural and recreational amenities making this area a truly desirable location in which to practice and live.
Apply on company website