**Now hiring Event Specialists and Product Demonstrators!!**
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING PART-TIME OPPORTUNITY? We offer a flexible schedule and competitive weekly pay!
This role acts as the brand representative for suppliers within retail locations. Retail Event Specialists are responsible for introducing retail location customers to new and exciting products and brands within the retail location through product tasting events. Retail Event Specialists are responsible for all aspects of the events including preparing, setting-up, cooking, cutting food items while maintaining a clean environment This position engages with customers to communicate key points about the products being demonstrated.
· Preparing, setting-up, cooking, cutting food items while maintaining a clean environment
· Engaging with customers to communicate key points about products being demonstrated.
· Ensuring compliance with food safety requirements.
· Working with the team to achieve sales goals of the products you are demonstrating.
Competitive Pay Rates
Part Time Benefits
Career Growth Opportunities
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must have availability on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and major holidays (other weekday shifts may be available from time-to-time)
· Reliable access to a smartphone or tablet on days worked and comfortable using it to report work completion in software that is only accessible through a mobile app
· The ability to lift and carry up to 25+ pounds with occasional lifting and carrying of up to 50lbs
· The ability to push or pull a wheeled demonstration cart weighing up to 300lbs
· The ability to use small appliances like a microwave, toaster oven, or hot plate
· Able to communicate and interact with customers on a regular basis and in a professional manner
· The ability to stand to perform the event for the duration of the event.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this position.
- Possesses the aptitude and ability to gain adequate knowledge of the products represented.
- Has desire and ability to proactively intercept, engage, interact, verbally educate, and sell product to the consumer in a positive manner.
- Effectively communicates the features and benefits of the product.
- Able to prepare and serve food samples using small appliances such as microwaves, fryers, skillets, coffee makers and knives.
- Maintains a clean, sterile and safe work station using cleaning chemicals.
- Maintains a professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the job.
- Prepares and outfits a display work station, including manually pushing items to the point of use via a demonstration cart or laydown dolly, connecting electrical interfaces, and organizing the workstation for serving presentation.
- Extracts products from their shelf location and carries products to the point of display.
- Extracts products from shelf location, places atop a wooden pallet, and manually pushes pallets to Freeosk machine, as well as pushes and pulls pallet jacks to return product from Freeosk to shelves.
- Climbs ladder to lift Freeosk hopper lid, pulls product from hopper, removes collection bag, replaces auger, replenishes Freeosk with product samples, closes Freeosk door, and climbs down ladder.
- Breaks down the work station, including returning unopened product to shelf location, unplugging electrical interfaces, manually moving work station and supplies to their storage location, disposing of partially used product, and washing equipment.
- Stocks product by using manual pallet jack to transport product from storage areas to customer extraction point.
- Assembles and breaks down demo displays by using hand tools.
- Achieves 100% execution on assigned work.
- Assists with preparation for client visits and completes audit corrections.
- Builds and maintains rapport with store personnel to effectively meet company and client objectives'.
- Completes expense reports as per Company Policy.
- Accurately prepares and submits all on-line requirements on the same day as Event execution.
- Able to access the internet, navigate through company's electronic systems, use Microsoft Outlook, and view assigned documents, including Microsoft Word & Adobe PDF forms.
This role is not expected to exceed more than 25 hours per week, although the company does maintain the discretion to change the role based on the needs of the business and/or the client.
This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Individuals will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months' related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: Proficient use of a Personal Computer and familiarity with Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Local Food handlers permit may be required.
Physical Demands: The associate will be regularly required to: Stand and walk up to 80% of the shift; Use hands and fingers to handle or feel; Reach with hands and arms (including conducting tasks overhead up to 65 inches); Talk and hear; Have visual ability to read instructions and perform events; Stoop; Kneel; Squat; Climb or step up ladder; Balance; Lift and carry up to 51.4 pounds; Lift items from 6 inches from the ground; Push and pull a wheeled demonstration cart fully laden with appliances, supplies and product; Push forces up to 58.5 pounds; Push pallet jack up to 600 feet; Prepare foods and beverages using the required appliances, such as cooking utensils, knives, convection oven, fryer, coffee maker, electric fryer, microwaves and hot oils; Use hand tools such as a hammer, screwdriver, wrench, or drill; Be in contact with cleaning supplies.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Work Environment: Retail store environment with some travel.
Physical Appearance: Individuals must ensure a professional appearance and proper grooming is in order. The associate must present a neat, clean, and appropriately groomed appearance. Specific Retailer Dress code requirements are included in the training documents. In addition, tattoos must not be visible while the associate is engaged in their work assignments.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.
Apply on company website