The Associate is responsible for completing in-store food and non-food demonstrations. Acquires and maintains knowledge of products represented. Prepares, serves, and breaks down product, equipment, and supplies. Intercepts consumers and demonstrates products in a professional manner. Maintains an overall professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the job.
Possesses the aptitude and ability to gain adequate knowledge of the products represented.
- Has desire and ability to proactively intercept, engage, interact, and sell product to the consumer in a positive manner.
- Effectively communicate the features and benefits of the product.
- Ability to prepare and serve food samples using small appliances such as microwaves, fryers, skillets, coffee makers and knives.
- Maintain a clean, sterile and safe work station using cleaning chemicals.
- Maintains a professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the job.
- Properly sets up and prepares Event Table for execution.
- Achieves 100% execution on assigned work.
- Assists with preparation for client visits and completes audit corrections.
- Builds and maintains rapport with store personnel to effectively meet company and client objectives.
- Completes expense reports as per Company Policy.
- Accurately prepares and submits all on-line requirements on the same day as Event execution.
- Ability to access the internet, navigate through company's electronic systems, use Microsoft Outlook, and capability to view assigned documents, including Microsoft Word & Adobe PDF forms.
This role is not expected to exceed more than 25 hours per week, although the company does maintain the discretion to change the role based on the needs of the business and/or the client.
This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Individuals will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months' related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: Proficient in ability to use and navigate on a personal computer or personal mobile device using applications and internal systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Local Food handlers permit may be required.
Physical Demands: The associate will be regularly required to: Stand and walk of the shift; Use hands and fingers to handle or feel; Reach with hands and arms (including conducting tasks overhead up to 65 inches); Talk and hear; Have visual ability to read instructions and perform events; Stoop; Kneel; Squat; Climb or step up ladder; Balance; Lift and carry up to 25 pounds (including occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds); Push and pull a wheeled demonstration cart fully laden with appliances, supplies and product; Prepare foods and beverages using the required appliances, such as cooking utensils, knives, convection oven, coffee maker, electric fryer, microwaves; Be in contact with cleaning supplies.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Work Environment: Retail store environment to limited travel.
Physical Appearance: Individuals must ensure a professional appearance and proper grooming is in order. The associate must present a neat, clean, and appropriately groomed appearance. Specific Retailer Dress code requirements are included in the training documents.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.
Apply on company website