Posted Date: Jan 21, 2020
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals among their 1200 healthcare clients and across the nation in 39 states. Crothall has earned a spot on the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and a Becker's Healthcare Top Places to Work in 2016. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transport, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory Services. For more information, go to www.crothall.com.
SUMMARY: The position of Unit Director is responsible for the overall operations of a commercial/industrial/hospitality laundry. This role includes the responsibility for associate performance, customer relations, financial management, safety and administrative compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The daily operations of an industrial laundry facility in the processing and delivery of linens. Manages the development and training of the staff in efficiently producing a high quality product.
- Fiscal management of the costs and expenses in the operation of the plant.
- The ability to forecast expenses and the planning, preparation and execution of budgets.
- Handles all human resources issues such as training, regulatory compliance, staffing, payroll and benefit administration for the entire staff.
- Direct liaison with the on-site client; producing, reporting, feedback and customer relations for the operation.
- Production of accurate billing practices for services provided.
- Production of weekly reporting for Operations, Key Indicators, Payroll, and Human Resource Functions. Must be able to read and interpret a P&L statement.
- Oversee regulatory compliance for all required agencies. Must be knowledgeable of State, OSHA and applicable JCAHO requirements as required for the assignment.
- Liaison for all customer departments, Joint Commission, Linen Review Committees, and Operations Committees within the property, campus, facility as necessary.
- Forecast capital expenditures and manages installation and operation of new equipment. Direct cost control and knowledge of contracts when dealing with vendors. Overseas the daily monitoring of payroll and labor costs.
- Facilitates the engineering upkeep and preventative maintenance of operations and engineering equipment.
- Develops action plans and development plans for current supervisory team, assuring their growth and success.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge or production methods of scheduling, staffing and monitoring efficiencies
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn the functions of laundry equipment and basic washroom chemistry
- The ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations
- The ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- The ability to maintain and demonstrate organization in a changing environment
- Exhibits initiative, sense of urgency, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Possess a thorough knowledge of contract administration and office procedures
- Ability to use experience of a working environment to meet established goals and objectives.
BS/BA in Business Management or its equivalent preferred. A minimum of two years operations and/or management experience, preferably laundry operations with large scale plants in management or commercial field. Spanish language skills a plus.
Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 369374
Apply on company website