Posted Date: Jan 19, 2021
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker's Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.Job Summary
The On-Site Linen Manager's scope of work includes the overall responsibility for the hospital's laundry & linen program at the healthcare facility, to include ancillary areas as necessary, to insure an adequate supply of clean linen for all user areas while collaborating and communicating consistently with both the laundry processing plant and the hospital personnel & facility management as required.
• Assignment and scheduling of duties as required including the direction of the distribution staff and soil collection associates as necessary.
• Responsibility for and scheduling of the receiving, recording, distribution and collection of linens with an objective to utilize their managerial skills in order to provide product to the end users without interruption of service.
• Housekeeping and general cleanliness of the assigned work area and linen storage room.
• General and spot inspection as required of laundered articles to assure compliance with HLAC, OSHA and The Joint Commission recommendations and requirements.
• Maintaining records for department attendance, production efficiencies and linen tracking, etc.
• Communicating with departments in all end user areas to obtain feedback and information regarding the linen services program,
• Preparation and participation in the the linen program meetings and linen committee as warranted.
• Proper interviewing of new employees and directing their on-boarding, orientation and training as required.
• Provide services as needed to those departments with special requirements to include gaining necessary approvals with administration as applicable.
• Provide educational support for proper utilization of linens to include the reporting of overuse, abuse and/or misuse of linens, to include recommended actions, to both Crothall Laundry Services management and hospital contacts as necessary.
• As a “Working Manager” position, the Linen Manager will need to fill-in for distribution and/or soil collection associates as necessary due to absenteeism, vacation, sickness, etc., in order to to meet the facility's needs.
• The ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations
• The ability to multi-task and establish priorities as required for adequate job performance
• The ability to maintain and demonstrate organization in a changing environment
• Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
• Possess and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of contract administration and office procedures
• The ability to use knowledge and experience of a working environment to meet established goals and objectives
• High school diploma or GED equivalancy required
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 429196
Apply on company website