Cvent is going through a cloud transformation and the Cloud Automation team is at the forefront of it. We are responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of various cloud automation platforms leveraged by Cvent's Technology organization for delivering Cvent products to our customers.
Just like any fast-growing SaaS organization utilizing AWS, Cvent faces a myriad of challenges in cloud operations, including the maximization of all the benefits of AWS without impacting security and cost-effectiveness. The Cloud Automation team builds tools that are used for cloud usage on daily basis by more than 1400 technology employees in a consistent, cost-effective and reliable manner without sacrificing speed, agility or elasticity of the cloud.
We partner with our internal customers like Software Developers, SRE, DevOps, QEs, Information Security and DBAs to provide them with self-service platforms enabling them to build, change, iterate over and tear-down our cloud infrastructure quickly. We help create and implement standards while facilitating an agile and learning culture. Overall, we're passionate about automation and solving complex business and technology challenges.
Cloud Automation combines software development, DevOps and information security knowledge to help make Cloud operations agile, elastic inside the security and governance framework boundaries. Our tools enable Cvent developers to deliver product features quickly while keeping our organization's security, audit and governance requirements fully satisfied. Cloud Automation is at the convergence point where Cloud Agility, Infrastructure consistency, Data Security and Cost Optimization at Cvent.
If you are a software engineer with knowledge in cloud technologies and have an automation mindset …then our team will be benefited by your skillset!
We do not bind ourselves to a set of defined tools and technologies but here is a taste of the technologies you'll get to work with:
- Jenkins, CloudFormation, Terraform, AWS Lambda/Layers, State Machine
- Java, .Net, Groovy
- AWS (VPC/Subnets/Security Groups/IAM/EC2/ECS/RDS/Kinesis/WAF/CloudFront)
- Python, Bash, Shell, PowerShell, AWS-CLI, AWS SDK
- Slack bots and integrations
- Linux, Windows
- PostgreSQL, SQLServer, MySQL
What You Will Be Doing
As a Cloud Automation Engineer, you'll use your programming, scripting skills, and DevOps Engineering knowledge to identify inefficient, un-secure and resource wasting Cloud Delivery processes. Then using your expertise, you will build automation tools to help Cvent overcome those inefficiencies.
- Enable and Empower a fast-growing Technology organization to conduct operations in the cloud in an automated and efficient manner
- Build, test and deploy automation that seamlessly targets multiple on-premises and AWS regions
- Reduce lead-time for infrastructure delivery, changes in Cloud by using smart automation and self-service platforms
- Work with various groups in Technology to establish Cvent standards and best practices Partner with Information Security and Develop groups to build Cloud Tools that help achieve a happy-middle between agility, security, and cost-effectiveness
- Pursue complex development, automation, and business process problems
- Ensure the scalability, performance, and resilience of our suite of automation tools
- Improve employee productivity by reducing change and request fulfillment time for infrastructure changes
- Work with a new acquisition's Cloud team to push Cvent automation standards and improve them as and when required
- Give back by working on and contributing to Open Source projects: https://github.com/cvent
- Adhere to philosophy “Automate Everything”
- What You Need for this Position
Here at Cloud Automation, we believe that if you are hungry for learning, passionate for technology and like building tools then you are a good fit. Having experience with below skills is an added plus:
- Building tools and scripting frameworks from scratch
- Working with Cloud Automation tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, CDK, aws-cli
- Scripting languages like Python, Groovy, PowerShell, Bash, Perl etc.
- Configuration automation using Chef
- Object-Oriented Software development in Java, ASP.Net
- Exposure to Windows, Linux administration skills
- Working with APM, monitoring, and logging tools (New Relic, DataDog, Splunk)
- Project management tools like Jira, Trello.
- Prior experience in dealing with Datastore technologies like Postgres, MySQL, SQL, DynamoDB is desirable
- Familiarity with basic networking, security and cloud engineering concepts
Cvent is the world's leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Companies use our SaaS platform to handle and facilitate online event registration, venue selection, budgeting and event management, website design, email marketing, day-of-event activities, social media integration, and much more. We build beautiful software that helps event planners take the event experience to their attendees via our responsive mobile web, HTML5, and native mobile apps, backed by a robust microservices architecture.
Apply on company website