We are looking for Software Engineers to join our rapidly growing Hospitality Cloud division. Cvent's Hospitality Cloud Product Development teams are engaged in a major initiative to build our next generation software platform and are also actively working on several exciting new products and features. These teams are utilizing the most cutting-edge tools and technologies, including modern and responsive single page applications powered by React.
Cvent Hospitality Cloud is focused on helping hotels and destinations grow and own their business. Our digital marketing tools help hotels and venues win new customers and grow their business, and our software solutions help hotels own their business by servicing their customers directly, efficiently, and profitably.
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
What You Will Be Doing
- Create beautiful, interactive and easy-to-use web applications using React, Redux, Webpack, and the rest of the rapidly advancing React ecosystem.
- Learn how to build reusable react components and front-end libraries that can be used across multiple products and applications
- Work on Internet scale applications where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals – not after-thoughts.
- Gaining experience with different database technologies, ranging from traditional relational to the latest NoSQL products such as Couchbase and Elastic Search.
What You Need For This Position
Full-stack developer who is proficient with React.js and Java microservices. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Redux). In addition, you will be building out our Java microservices layer. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. Commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
- 3-5 years of professional experience developing enterprise Java application
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Full-Stack Engineering background building out RESTful microservices architecture ideally in an enterprise environment
- Good knowledge in the public AWS domain
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial
- Experience with one or more of the following databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Couchbase, MongoDB, Redis or other NoSQL technologies
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace
Apply on company website