The Sr Software Development Engineer is primarily responsible for crafting, developing, and coding solutions to meet customer expectations and specifications as discussed and detailed in Epics and Stories (SAFe Agile process). You will be working with other developers and experts in the broader organization. Your expertise and inputs into designs and technology solutions will facilitate accurate decision-making and mitigate development and implementation risks.
The applicant will understand the system development life cycle; Agile software project management approaches; and requirements, design, and test techniques. We are seeking someone who can conceptualize and influence application and interface projects, and therefore ought to understand what advice to give and where to plug in to steer toward desirable outcomes.
In addition, you should be either experienced or conversant in emerging ideas in application development both on the user interface and middle tier technologies. While not necessarily deep in all of these technologies, you should understand them sufficiently to guide the organization in understanding and possibly adopting them if appropriate.
• 6 or more years programming experience with Microsoft technologies and web application development (.Net development using MVC, Web API and C# technologies
• Expertise in C#, ASP.Net (Framework 3.5+), OO Programming, XML, XSL, HTML, Web API, ADO or ADO.Net
• Experience with automated unit testing using mock frameworks (Moq or equivalent)
• Experience with SQL Server database technologies (TSQL/SSIS/DTS)
• Solid understanding about Agile methodology
• Experience with source control tools such as TFS/Git/SVN
• Experience of working on a Multi-Tier Application Architecture
• Be part of Agile SCRUM team that is delivering web and server components
• Experience of full stack development – front end (MVC) to backend (Web API/Stored Procedures)
• Built automated tests to validate customizations
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
• Be a constant learner and would bring in breath of fresh air within team
• Participates in “planning poker” for story (or feature) sizing, and is able to articulate size
• Ability to partner with cross functional teams to deliver team goals
• Deliver code (and unit tests) that meets requirements, within time with focus on quality
• 1 year experience working in the health care industry
• Exposure to UI test automation frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber, Specflow, Gherkin, Jasmine, Protractor and Mocha Continuous Delivery
• Familiarity with building APIs using Google Apigee or Vordel
• Experience with static and dynamic code analysis tools such as Sonar Cube/Checkmarx
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent work experience required
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website