As the Automation Engineer (AE) you will be responsible for automation and operations efficiencies in assigned distribution centers and automation equipment. The AE will be responsible for the development/design, testing and validation process of distribution center automation equipment from an electromechanical, controls, software, and human process design perspective. You will proactively identify service opportunities, improvement and resiliency project planning and process flow optimization. The AE understands that automation implementation often requires operational process changes and will collaborate with operations to ensure automation capabilities and operations processes are synchronized for optimum operational performance. Additional long-term responsibilities include health assessments of automation infrastructure, obsolescence, and lifecycle analysis as well as developing refurbishment strategies while mitigating impact to the business. The AE will provide subject matter expertise as needed for future projects. They will interact with and support vendor relationships, and potentially assist with automation initiatives across the Logistics Network.
In this role you will:
- Prioritizes features and user stories, managing functional and technical dependencies
- Identifies and socializes new/alternative features
- Enhance automation in the form of features; fix defects that are encountered
- Works with operations, maintenance, engineering, and innovation team members to identify and mitigate risks to successful product integration and optimize equipment uptime.
- Serves as a steward of the automation portfolio
- Manage automation expense and capital investments as appropriate
- Establishes close working relationship with Product Owners and end users
- Streamlines processes and tool sets
- Writes disciplined, organized, and well-documented work instructions, maintenance and troubleshooting bulletins, and operations guides.
- Partner with both internal and external application teams and the Operations team to develop upgrade, patching and testing schedules and ensure execution against schedule.
- Ensure preventive maintenance programs and accurate maintenance records, including calibrations are developed and being performed.
- Provide technical training of equipment to operators, maintenance, and engineers.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends as required
- Assist in other areas as appropriate.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- Hands-on experience building & debugging conveyor and other mechanical/electrical systems
- PLC operation & programming experience
- Control & power panel designs
- Demonstrated strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Familiarity with machine safety applications, electrical power distribution and control panel design.
- Read, comprehend and interpret technical reference manuals, schematics, electrical control diagrams and blueprints
- Demonstrated ability to lead project work, setting expectations, leading execution, and delivering high quality results
- Demonstrated ability to provide reporting and business analytics on projects
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and follow-up skills.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional manner and help foster teamwork and knowledge sharing to complete key tasks.
- Aptitude to communicate complex analytical findings and conclusions in an easy to understand way.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize as needed to meet deadlines, demonstrating a high level of independent judgment
- Travel up to 25%
- Proficiency in Microsoft business software and the ability to adapt to new systems. (Excel, Word, SharePoint, Access, Teams)
- Strong presentation skills
Knowledge of Supply Chain operations and procurement processes
Experience or education in robotics, automation, systems, or controls
Knowledge and safe working practices with 480 Volt electrical systems
Knowledge and safe working practices with Hydraulic or Pneumatic systems
Lock-out Tag-out procedures as an “Authorized” user.
Ability to walk, stand, pull, climb for an extended period.
Knowledge of Warehouse Controls Systems (WCS), Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), AutoCad & Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
Associate Degree in robotics, automation, systems controls, or engineering required
Bachelor's degree preferred
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website