Two Positions: One needs to sit in southern or Capital Region, MD and the other will need to sit on Eastern Shore, MD
Responsible for developing, facilitating, and implementing outreach activities, special events, programs, and presentations which support member education and health plan awareness within the Medicaid or Medicare population and the community. Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with community contacts. Maintains marketing guideline compliance with the appropriate state's laws and regulations.
• Develops, facilitates, and implements outreach activities, special events, programs, and presentations to increase awareness of the health plan's presence in the community.
• Seeks out and secures event sponsorship. Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with community contacts.
• Responsible for event logistics including reserving space, catering, communication, distributing materials, facilities support, and other similar activities. Monitors and/or participates in the preparation and tear down for the event.
• Manages on-site event staffing and handles any problems or emergencies that may arise. Acts as contact for all sponsors and event providers.
• Assures proper documentation for membership and leader driven activities and events.
• Gives individual or group presentations to potential sponsors and members.
• May conduct new member orientations and lead generating events and activities.
• Provides recommendations and status updates to the department management team as required.
• Produces and maintains a community events calendar to assist the department with community and member awareness.
• Performs other duties as required.
3-5 years customer service experience.
Previous experience working with the Medicaid or Medicare population preferred.
Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills. Able to present information to various audiences.
Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills
Ability to work independently and travel alone.
Valid driver's license in good standing and access to a reliable vehicle required.
Proficiency with standard corporate software applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well as some special proprietary applications.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and off-shifts as required.
Minimal overnight travel may be required
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website