Health is everything. At CVS Health we are committed to increasing access, lowering costs and improving quality of care. Millions of times a day, we're helping people on their path to better health—from advising on prescriptions to helping manage chronic and specialty conditions. Because we're present in so many moments, big and small, we have an active, supportive role in shaping the future of health care. By tapping into CVS HealthHUB knowledge and employing sharp communication skills, the Care Concierge will help elevate the store into a healthcare destination.
The Care Concierge delivers on the company's purpose of helping people on their path to better health through a focus on excellent, purpose-driven customer service. The Care Concierge will act as a navigator and coordinator to proactively engage and assist customers, patients and caregivers find the healthcare services and products they need. Concierge colleagues will promote relevant HealthHUB classes, programs, and digital tools to interested customers. To support their efforts, colleagues will create customer profiles to record interaction details, comments, and outcomes as a means to help leaders further refine offerings for current and future HealthHUB stores.
The Care Concierge may act as a Product Resource Assistant to provide exceptional customer service for full product selection of the Home Health Care (HHC) department. Within the Product Resource Assistant capacity, colleagues will communicate and collaborate with leaders to promote the Durable Medical Equipment (DME) business to those individuals who need and would benefit from such supplies. The Care Concierge will be trained per manufacturer specifications and guidelines on how to instruct customers on product fitting (e.g., compression or CPAP masks).
This role will be located in select retail stores and serve customers, patients and caregivers during the MinuteClinic's hours of operation. Under the supervision of a HealthHUB Field Leader and local Store Manager, the Care Concierge will listen to customer, patient and caregiver needs and to create memorable service experiences. The role entails working with guidance and the expectation that colleagues will adhere to and adopt emerging best practices to satisfy customer needs and exceed expectations.
1. Engage customers by proactively welcoming them to the HealthHUB
a. Build relationships with customers, patients and caregivers by answering service (non-clinical) questions and welcoming them to the HealthHUB
b. Provide individualized customer service based on unique customer needs.
c. Deliver on the CVS Health purpose-driven service culture by always putting people first
d. Engages customers to identify opportunities to improve service and/or customer experience via in-store interactions or via technology solution (s) (e.g. CRM)
2. Assist customers by helping them navigate healthcare services and products
a. Through personalized conversation, try to determine the root cause for the customer's visit to the HealthHUB
b. Help customers navigate various programs, digital tools, and HealthHUB classes and programs
c. Facilitate customer's engagement by assisting with intake forms, appointment questionnaires and entering data into various health portals.
d. Assist customers with scheduling 1:1 healthcare consultations with HUB clinicians and enrolling them for classes within the Wellness Rooms.
e. Assists customers with how to contact their health insurance provider (e.g. reviews insurance card with customer to identify the appropriate number for the customer to call)
f. Support patient MinuteClinic registration by offering to help at the kiosk or on Minute Clinic iPads
g. Drive awareness of in-store Licensed Dietitian (LD), co-manage the LD calendar for scheduling appointments
h. Proactively offer to help customers find items they are looking for in the store.
3. Promote CVS Health consumer facing healthcare programs/initiatives and HealthHUB offerings
a. Introduce CVS ExtraCare program and offer enrollment assistance, as needed
b. Promote CVS mobile apps (or featured 3rd party apps) and digital tools to interested customers and drive awareness of CVS website functionality
c. Promote and drive awareness of CVS Health insurance programs and/or initiatives, infusion services, specialty pharmacy programs, etc.
d. Promote and drive awareness of upcoming Wellness Room classes, print and distribute event flyers and sign-up customers, patients and caregivers to fill classes; make outbound calls to confirm class attendance and support set-up on the day of classes and events
4. Act as Product Resource Assistant for Home Health Care (HHC):
(a) Seek out customers and ensure they have an exceptional experience through great service, including offering needed services
(b) Drive awareness and inform customers, patients and caregivers of availability of needed in-store durable medical equipment (DME) products and services
(c) Educate customers on product specifications, comparison, benefits, use, maintenance and related products.
5. Adhere to Professional Practice standards
(a) Keep our communities safe by ensuring compliance with all federal and state laws, rules and regulations and CVS policy and procedures at all times
(b) Communicate with customers/patients while protecting their confidential health and medication information according to HIPAA and relevant state laws.
(c) Support field leaders by providing feedback about customer interactions on a regular cadence; support corrective measures aimed at increasing service utilization metrics and product sales
(d) Ensuring that any clinical advice is provided only by providers.
6. Regular and Predictable Job Attendance & Punctuality
- 3-5 years of health care, customer service, patient relations and/or hospitality concierge experience
- Naturally passionate about proactively engaging with and caring for customers to understand their needs and explain our products and services available that influences their decisions
- Comfortable working in a dynamic role and open to continuous growth and evolution of responsibilities
- Ability to receive and act on feedback; resilient, curious and seeks to learn
- Strong computer, data entry, and typing skills; ability to work between multiple technology platforms; able to learn and utilize new technology as service evolves
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including: Outlook, Word and Excel
- Comfortable working with ambiguity
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize while maintaining a pleasant and calm demeanor with customers, patients and caregivers
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and listening) skills
- Ability to read body language and interact appropriately with others
- Self-starter and able to successfully work with minimal supervision.
- Great problem solver with ability to collaboratively engage with customers, patients, caregivers and other team members to create innovative solutions
Physical Requirements of the Job:
- Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for moving from one work area to another
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Stooping to a considerable degree and requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed accurately
- Visual Acuity: the worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts
CVS Health requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. In some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination before you can begin to actively work. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. In some states and roles, you may be required to have an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- 5-8 years of experience in health care, customer service, patient relations and/or hospitality concierge
- CPhT, medical or customer service certification is a plus
- Bilingual English-Spanish language proficiency
- Prior experience handling sensitive information confidentially, including information referred to as PHI (patient health information) protected under HIPAA
- Experience reviewing or inputting data into CRM databases
- Motivational interviewing experience
- Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
- An Associate's Degree is preferred.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply on company website