Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster? Interested in generating analytical insights that inform provider networks and engagement strategies that support members on their individualized health and wellness journey? Aetna's Provider & Network Analytics team delivers strategically impactful programs and tools that expand convenient access to high-quality and affordable care for all members across multiple channels across all stages of life.
At Aetna, we're pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As a Data Scientist on the Analytics & Behavior Change team, you'll build industry-leading analytics, data, and technology platforms to help reimagine health care. This position will play a critical role within a cross-functional team, delivering powerful solutions that inform network strategy and design, improve network performance and provider engagement, develop new provider offerings, and enhance consumer experience.
You will be part of a fast-paced, innovative, collaborative team, helping solve problems, drive impact, and deliver key insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine & deep learning, and predictive modeling techniques. You will derive meaning from data and deploy robust solutions through provider-directed engagement channels (e.g., digital) that helps consumers identify affordable care, when they need it, and with whom.
Role & Responsibilities/Fundamental Components
• Directs analytics professionals and, in some cases, managers of analytics teams.
• Applies experience from strategy consulting, analytics, and data engineering to successfully direct the development of statistical and mathematical analyses to support business decision making for one or more business functions. Seen as a thought leader.
• Manages analytics team(s) for one or more product areas.
• Leads development of solutions with moderate complexity and risk with business area implications.
• Understands and recommends modeling techniques to data scientists.
• Ability to structure data analysis, driving analytics insights and analytical solutions.
• Ability to translate business problems into analytical solutions.
• Presents recommendations to senior staff and internal clients. Mentors junior team members.
• Leads multiple large cross-functional project teams.
• Plans for the current year in terms of strategy and operations. Thinks about their team and where it is headed.
• Autonomously leads the client relationship with senior business leaders as their single point of contact.
• Collaborates with business partners to understand their strategy, problems, and goals.
• Works with senior leaders to identify opportunities to implement analytics solutions to business problems. Sets priorities and executes strategy for the analytics organization.
• Minimum 10 years total business experience
• 5+ years of business experience leading analyses and initiatives with track record of business impact.
• 5+ years of people management experience
• 5+ years' experience strategy consulting or on strategy teams in large companies
• Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
• Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
• Healthcare sector experience preferred
• Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
• Bachelor's degree in quantitative field, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
• Master's degree in quantitative field or MBA strongly preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website