Do you have a passion for data science and using those skills to help individuals improve their health?
Diabetes, congestive heart failure, COPD, back pain, asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, chronic kidney disease, Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, cancer... everyone knows someone affected by these conditions. Our goal is to decrease cost and improve health for members with chronic disease. We do this by using data science and advanced analytics (e.g., condition-specific predictive models and clinical data mining) to improve their care journeys and outcomes, focusing on the right members getting the right interventions at the right time.
CVS Heath's mission is aligned to improve health of our customers. We have over 1,000+ health hubs, 1,100+ minute clinics, 23M+ lives insured by Aetna, and 100M+ lives with pharmacy benefits coverage through Caremark, more than 80% of Americans live within 5 miles of one of our 9,900+ CVS retail store/pharmacy locations (https://cvshealth.com/about/facts-and-company-information). With this unique collection of assets, CVS Health has an unparalleled platform to make a significant impact on healthcare in the US and beyond.
The scale of our data will allow you to design and test powerful experiments and challenge yourself to innovate in ways that others simply cannot. You'll be joining a team of MDs, PhDs, MBAs, and top analytics professionals that bring their clinical, technical, and economic experience to bear on some of the toughest targets in healthcare.
Our PBM Pricing Analytics team is tasked with optimizing our ability to engage with our 100M+ Caremark members to help them make better healthcare decisions, while optimizing financial performance for the business.
As a leader on this team, you will be responsible for the leadership and coordination of analytics initiatives aimed at optimizing financial performance. You will be responsible for expanding the capability of current and new analytic solutions by converting them into scalable data products with automated data & model pipelines using agile, software development practices. You will lead a team developing analytic solutions, including advanced optimization modeling, forecasting and business intelligence.
If you join our organization, you'll become an expert in understanding decision making and behavior, applying cutting edge optimization/machine learning/experimentation/behavioral science techniques, developing software to expand the ability to engage, building out digital properties, and running an agile business that innovates at large scale and high velocity.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
• You will work with key stakeholders and executives across finance, product, and data engineering functions to identify evolving business needs that can be addressed with advanced analytics, frames problems into analytic questions, and translate analytics into business value.
• Lead a team of data scientists by helping design, scope, and deliver analytics projects and experiments.
• Lead operationalization of data science pilots/models into products applying agile software development methodologies
• Actively influence the strategic analytics agenda, developing compelling ideas to test and effectively building consensus around them
• Apply analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques.
• Manage large and complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing.
• Package insights and results into compelling stories and presents them to executive audiences.
• 10 or more years of progressively complex analytics experience
• Deep knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources as well as proficiency in mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving
CVS Health requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. In some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination before you can begin to actively work. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. In some states and roles, you may be required to have an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Understanding of health care industry, products, and systems a plus
• Management consulting experience a plus
• Underwriting, finance analytics, pharmacy, or PBM experience a plus
• Master's degree preferred.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website