The External Growth and Development Director will lead a team responsible for leveraging external market insights and opportunities to accelerate growth in the newly formed External Growth and Development team. You are an executive with the shown ability to lead and execute within complex organizations, and possess a deep understanding of the healthcare landscape, early stage companies, emerging trends and capabilities, investment themes, and the venture capital community. In addition to sourcing and developing partnerships, joint ventures, and minority investments, you will also manage these relationships on an ongoing basis to achieve desired outcomes.
The Director will be responsible for identifying new opportunities and threats in the external market, and will execute against those opportunities by informing the strategy of business units, and delivering against specific opportunities through partnerships, investments, or other strategic relationships. The Director of External Growth and Development will also be responsible for building connections to the rapidly evolving external healthcare environment, proactively identifying opportunities to accelerate growth and innovation, and delivering against specific opportunities through partnerships. This role will partner with senior leaders (VP, SVP, EVP) to identify and explore strategic partnerships that will enhance our existing capabilities or enable new products/services. You will develop and maintain a robust pipeline of partners/deals and work in close collaboration with Transformation, Business Development/Enterprise Strategy, Corporate Development, IT, and Finance business units. You will develop business cases for new solutions or technologies and articulate enterprise capability needs.
In addition to identifying and securing partnerships, your team will manage these relationships on an ongoing basis.
7+ years of healthcare experience in business roles- corporate development, innovation, venture capital/private equity or strategy
• Experience evaluating and supporting strategic relationships
• Strong communicator, both verbal and written, with executive presence and the ability to influence across functions at all levels of an organization
• Shown presentation skills, including familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint
• Highly organized and able to provide positive leadership across multiple work streams in a fast-paced, complex working environment
• Validated project management skills with an emphasis on integrating multiple work outputs into a unified deliverable and executive narrative
• Organized, detail-oriented, and structured thinking and execution, with the ability to lead multiple tasks at a time; adjusts priorities as needed in order to meet deadlines
• Demonstrates high level of independent judgment and proactivity
• Experience building and leading high performing teams
• End to end experience building and managing partnerships
BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website