CVS Health has an exciting opportunity in our new Distribution Center in Kansas City, MO!
As the Logistics Supervisor, you will be responsible for leading a team of non-exempt employees in CVS Health's state of the art distribution facility. This includes planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and supervising the daily activities of an assigned shift and functional area to achieve performance goals and metrics within the distribution center. Additionally, as the Logistics Supervisor, you will be responsible for order selection, replenishment, loading, and shipping of store orders. You are also responsible for maintaining a high level of productivity and quality.
Primary Responsibilities of the Logistics Supervisor:
- Hiring, onboarding, training, scheduling, and assigning work to new hires
- Ensuring employees have the necessary equipment, materials, and documents to ensure successful completion of tasks
- Monitoring and adjusting resources to achieve the daily production and delivery goals
- Balancing workloads by taking readings throughout the day to achieve the appropriate level of volume by the projected time of completion
- Monitoring the work performance of each employee to ensure that quality and quantity expectations are met or exceeded
- Conducting staff meetings and verifying that daily worksheets are completed accurately and submitted on a timely basis
- Providing ongoing training and retraining of employees to ensure that they are prepared to meet or exceed the productivity standards for their function
- Utilizing a variety of reports, summaries, and procedures to project workload and resolve problems that arise during the workday.
- Communicate effectively across all levels
- Analyzing information effectively to make sound business decisions
- Build high performance teams while engaging and inspiring colleagues
- 3+ years of prior supervisory experience in a distribution center or manufacturing environment
-Knowledge of WMS (Warehouse Management System)
-Prior experience working in a distribution facility that distributes pharmaceuticals.
-Worked on continuous improvement/Six Sigma projects
- Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Apply on company website