In this Part Time role you will work 20 - 29 hours a week every week and participate in the on-call and holiday rotation.
As a MinuteClinic Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Provider), you will provide accurate assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of common family illnesses for patients 18 months and older. You will have the tools, training and resources to help us with our CVS Health mission of helping people on their path to better health. You will report to the Senior Practice Manager (SPM) and:
• Provide holistic, evidenced-based care inclusive of accurate assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management of health problems, health counseling, and disposition planning for our patients. This includes education and treatment for pregnancy prevention, sexually transmitted infection (STI) Prevention and safer sex practices.
• Offer, order and administer immunizations and injections (to include but not limited to COVID19, influenza, TB, Depo) and provides evidence-based patient/parent vaccine counseling and education.
• Minimum of two years of medically relevant experience or equivalent
• Complete the DOT certification exam within 30 days of employment
• Depending on the market, the ability to be proficient in both speaking and writing in additional languages not limited to but including Spanish
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• Pass a FIT test and wear the provided respirator mask when protocol requires. This applies to all clinics that have a co-located point of care COVID-19 testing site.
Our health care benefits are designed to offer quality, affordable care that's flexible to meet a range of individual needs. This includes Medical and Prescription coverage, Dental and Vision coverage, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Plan and CME reimbursement.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• If less than 1 year of work experience as a licensed provider, prior student precepting rotation with MinuteClinic is preferred, but not required.
• Experience with Epic.
• Previous experience in ER, Urgent Care, Primary Care, ICU or retail health is preferred.
• Master's Degree level Family Nurse Practitioner program with current National Board Certification and State of Employment license to practice in the Advanced Practice Nurse role
• Or in select states, Masters of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (or other health-related Master's Degree or equivalent experience together with Bachelors of Science in Physician Assistant Studies) with current National Board Certification and State of Employment license to practice in the role
At MinuteClinic, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website