Looking for a career that rewards you? As a Back-End Pharmacy Technician with Omnicare, you will not only find rewarding work in your community, but a team focused on providing a supportive and innovative team environment for all members.
Day In The Life:
As an Back-End Pharmacy Technician, you will work to ensure all medication needs and regulatory standards are met for our patients. You will work in various workstations allowing you to grow your skillsets further. Our back-end team focuses on order fulfillment in our closed-door pharmacy setting, including packaging and dispensing of medication, reviewing delivery orders and bins for accuracy, and coordinating stock rotations. Additional tasks and responsibilities include:
- Rotating and working in various assigned pharmacy workstations including: Packaging, Staging, Returns, Receiving, Narcotics, IV, Ekit, Compounding, Omnicell Cycle Fill, Machine Packaging
- Receiving product deliveries, pull and stage product for distribution, rotate stock, and coordinate activities with drivers to ensure shipments are accurate and deliveries are timely
- Performing physical inventories of medication
The Team and Rewarding Benefits:
Omnicare, a CVS Health Company, provides care to those in skilled nursing facilities, assisted living communications, and chronic care settings.
Although Omnicare pharmacies are not open to the public, you'll work amongst great colleagues in a supportive environment aligned with the company's mission, allowing our customers to focus on giving their patients the best care.
Join us and enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities.
Here are a few benefit highlights—and, there's more to love than listed here.
- Comprehensive benefits offered, include medical, Rx, dental, and vision.
- From paid holidays, vacation, and breaks to sick time, we even offer four weeks of paid parental leave for parents after one year of service.
- 401(k) savings plan with $-for-$ company match up to 5%, after one year of service with at least 1,000 hours. Stock Purchase Plan with 10% discount.
- 30% off discount for CVS Pharmacy store brands; 20% off other non-sale items in store and cvs.com.
- Tuition reimbursement, paid training programs, career advancement opportunities, and more!
The typical pay range for this role is:
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company's 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (PTO) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit
- Certification/licensed/registered pharmacy technician or as required by state law
- One (1) or more years of experience as a pharmacy technician or equivalent experience
Additional Skills/Experience, but not Required:
- Prior experience in the long-term care industry
- Prior experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting
- PTCB National Certification
- Five (5) or more years of experience as a pharmacy technician or equivalent experience
- Verifiable High School Diploma or GED
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website