Exciting opportunity for a Pharmacy Technician in the Specialty Pharmacy to excel in a complex, high impact picking role and positively impact the lives of others. As a Pharmacy technician working in the back end of the specialty pharmacy, you would be responsible for all aspects of filling prescriptions and coordination of safe and effective drug distribution systems. A successful picking pharmacy technician will need to be accurate and detail oriented while pulling the correct drug, strength and brand as indicated on each prescription label.
As a pharmacy technician in the backend you will be standing for the length of your shift. Good written and verbal communication skills for interacting with all levels of staff is also required. you will need to be able to do moderate lifting, bending and twisting as you select the necessary medication from the stock shelves.
CVS health offers a competitive benefit package which includes but is not limited to paid time off, 10 paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, employee discounted stock purchase program, 401K, tuition reimbursement and employee discounts at all CVS/Pharmacy stores.
Join the company helping people on their path to better health!
Shipping, Dispensing, CPhT, PTCB, Pharmacy Technician, Fulfillment, Mail Order, CVS, Mail, Filling, Picking, Warehouse, Specialty, labeling
• Must have a valid NC Pharmacy Technician License
• Must be able to stand for duration of shift (8 - 10 hours)
• Must be able to repeatedly lift 5 - 10 lbs and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• 6 months of work experience as a pharmacy technician.
• Prefer three months of work experience in a pick/pack/ship environment.
• Prefer three months of work computer experience.
Knowledge of drug names, standard dosages, dosage forms and delivery systems.
Understand of medical terminology utilized in a pharmacy.
Ability to collaborate with others to fill and ship accurate and timely orders.
Ability to utilize computer applications to enter data accurately and in line with production standards.
Must be able to recognize limitations on decision-making scope and be able to escalate issues falling outside of that scope.
National pharmacy technician certification
HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website