Performs order entry tasks and the related activities in support of the medication dispensing process.
• Calculates and/or verifies the correct dosage based on the prescription
• Contacts physician on any narcotic prescriptions to receive a hard copy within the required time frame per state statures
• Assist in reviewing the narcotic Rx's are back in timely manner
• Enters new and refill orders in a timely and accurate manner.
• Process orders based on the priority assigned
• Prepare backup pharmacy orders
• Comply with a process that addresses all state and federal guidelines regarding medication labeling.
• Provide dispensing pharmacists with information regarding allergies and drug interactions, therapeutic duplications, and other items that the computer flags.
• Courteously assists all internal and external customers
• Consult with dispensing pharmacist regarding prescription order clarification, non-stock items, order entry problems or concerns.
• Complete all data fields according to pharmacy procedures including use of approved abbreviations.
• Triage customer service requests by department, urgency, and information/response required.
• Collect, prioritize, and sort incoming faxes to the appropriate department/area.
• Create and maintain accurate customer records
• Coordinate/manage “STAT” order process (check e-kit stock list and fax back to customer)
• Understand Medicare Policy and Co-Pay requirements/guidelines
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Assist with pharmacy workflow as needed
• Take important steps to ensure all medication needs and regulatory compliance standards are met for our patients and they demonstrate ethical conduct and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
• Maintain and full compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations
• Maintain highest professional and ethical standards
• Verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required
• The ability to concentrate on a task over a period without being distracted
• Use and understand verbal and written communication to interact with customers and colleagues
• Actively listening by giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
• The ability to use math to solve a problem, such as calculating day's supply of a prescription
• Is able to judge when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; recognizing there is a problem
• Choosing the best course of action when faced with a complex situation with several available options
• Customer service orientation
• Knowledge of filling procedures
• Knowledge of drug packaging procedures
• Knowledge of dispensing database software
• Fluent in all aspects of the English Language
• Good oral communication skills
• Ability to have strong communication with Dispensing Pharmacists
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees, facility staff members, prescribers and others within organization
• Ability to write routine correspondence and reports
• Excellent skills in usage of fax machine, computer software, copier, and word-processing
• Strong attention to detail
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
- Prior experience in long-term care pharmacy.
- Prior experience in retail pharmacy and customer service.
• Verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website