As a Compounding Supervisor you will be responsible for overseeing and directing the development and evaluation of the Compounding Technicians. You will collaborate with Pharmacist to provide pharmacy services in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations, accrediting body standards, and Company's policies and procedures.
• Follows all appropriate guidelines for the preparation of compounded sterile products – product preparation, checking procedures, labeling procedures, and packaging compounded product for storage and delivery
• Develops and recommends changes as necessary to ensure effective and efficient communication among team members
• Implements and evaluates new and existing branch processes
• Executes plans of action to achieve department goals, and ensure communication of these expectations are shared with both the team and management
• Resolves issues in collaboration with the branch
• Assists in training and orientation of new pharmacy technicians; along with on-going training and development for all reporting employees
• Performs and instructs inventory management and storage
• Functions as a compounding technician in accordance with all state regulations in the absence of staff to include any and all duties normally assigned to a compounding technician
• Communicates regularly with all departments and managers to ensure knowledge and understanding of new regulations, policies, and procedures
• Collaborates with the branch manager on financial reports (MIR, M&E) to ensure accuracy, researches variances, and develops appropriate action plans when indicated to reach budget/goals
• Responsible for hiring, coaching, conducting performance appraisals, and providing effective feedback for employees/teams development
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Minimum five years of related experience with minimum two years of supervisory experience or proven record of progressive responsibilities or achievements
• Eligibility for state registration, certification or licensure per state regulations
• Proficient in computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• National pharmacy technician certification
• Bachelor's Degree
High school or equivalent, pharmacy technician license
At Coram, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website