As the Principal Web (UI) Architect, you will be a part of a large-scale architecture, product and engineering environment, leading technical architecture initiatives for one or more value streams, Agile Release Trains, or platforms, ensuring successful product deliveries.
• You will help guide and lead teams across the retail and pharmacy departments. We are looking for an accomplished software development professional with a deep technical background building excellent user-focused solutions and who will guide innovation to create cutting edge application solutions.
• Lead technical architecture initiatives that can span many value streams (e.g. multiple Agile Release Trains) or an entire platform, ensuring successful product deliveries.
• You will help guide and lead teams across the department.
• Manage the evolution of architectural roadmaps for your domain, showing how new features are released or updated, with an eye on paying down technical debt with minimal change.
• Experience in building seamless features/application from scratch using relevant architecture frameworks in defining and evaluating application architectures.
• Identify opportunities to use common solutions for cross-cutting concerns for broader and more complex functionality at the program or enterprise level.
• Partner with key stakeholders to establish and adopt architectural best practices, guidelines, and standards.
• Lead client architecture for Web applications for cross trains.
• Lead Proof-Of-Concepts and Spike Solutions, and provide "Reference Architectures" and "Baseline Implementations" when appropriate.
• Good sense of how Front-end Web (UI) components are architected to enhance stability, security, performance, maintainability, and extensibility.
• Strong interest in user-experience design and how it is applied to design an enterprise-class UI.
• Provide architectural expertise in identification of technology partnerships.
• Provide guidance, direction and mentorship to our Lead Architects
• Provide guidance to developers and other stakeholders regarding the architecture and design of server applications, UI clients, encompassing APIs and micro-services, containers, databases, cloud infrastructures, and cloud services
• Coordinate the architectural growth and development across several scrum teams.
• Ensure all Non-Functional Requirements (e.g. performance, availability and fail-over, scalability, security, etc.) are articulated, and work with all parties to guarantee that the software products that are delivered meet these objectives
• Experience with ADA and other regulatory compliances including PCI, PII and PHI.
• Self-motivated to look for opportunities to move the application, its design, and architecture forward based on projected features and roadmap visions.
• Help us in drive buy vs build evaluations
• Participate in high-level estimation
• Establish and evangelize architectural guidelines, patterns and practices.
• 12+ years of experience in software development working on enterprise-class applications•6+ years of experience in Web(UI) Architecture role
• 6+ years of experience on UI frameworks such as AngularJS, JQuery, Ajax, CSS, HTML5, CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS etc.)
• Experience with SAFE practices or able to work in SAFE practices and agile methodologies
• Experience related to security oriented projects and solutioning
• Experience with packaging, bundling technologies, and library management tools.
• Experience with the UX success factors accessibility, usability, and aesthetics
• Experience in Jenkins, CI/CD Pipeline, GIT and other DevOps principles
• Experience working with Agile development frameworks
• A systems problem solver, able to move fluidly between high-level abstract thinking and detailed implementation
• Open-minded to new ideas and approaches and ability to implement the ideas using multiple technologies
Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website