Job Group Summary
Help us elevate our patient care to a whole new level! Join our Aetna team as an industry leader in serving dual eligible populations by utilizing best-in-class operating and clinical models. You can have life-changing impact on our members who are enrolled in Medicare and Medicaid and present with a wide range of complex health and social challenges. With compassionate attention and excellent communication, we collaborate with members, providers, and community organizations to address the full continuum of our members' health care and social determinant needs. Join us in this exciting opportunity as we grow and expand dually eligible members to change lives in new markets across the country.
The dedication of talented and caring health care professionals drives the delivery of high quality, cost effective products and services. They make it possible for members to get the right health care treatment for their needs – and for Aetna to keep its competitive edge.
Responsible for the review and evaluation of clinical information and documentation. Reviews documentation and interprets data obtained from clinical records or systems to apply appropriate clinical criteria and policies in line with regulatory and accreditation requirements for member and/or provider issues. Independently coordinates the clinical resolution with internal/external clinician support as required. Requires an RN with unrestricted active license.
• Reviews documentation and evaluates potential quality of care issues based on clinical policies and benefit determinations.
• Considers all documented system information as well as any additional records/data
presented to develop a determination or recommendation.
• Data gathering requires navigation through multiple system applications.
• Staff may be required to contact the providers of record, vendors, or internal Aetna
departments to obtain additional information.
• Evaluates documentation/information to determine compliance with clinical policy,
regulatory and accreditation guidelines.
• Accurately applies review requirements to assure case is reviewed by a practitioner with clinical expertise for the issue at hand.
• Commands a comprehensive knowledge of complex delegation arrangements, contracts (member and provider), clinical criteria, benefit plan structure, regulatory requirements, company policy and other processes which are required to support the review of the clinical
• Pro-actively and consistently applies the regulatory and accreditation standards to assure that activities are reviewed and processed within guidelines.
• Condenses complex information into a clear and precise clinical picture while working independently.
• Reports audit or clinical findings to appropriate staff or others in order to ensure appropriate outcome and/or follow-up for improvement as indicated.
3-5 years of clinical experience required
RN with current unrestricted Illinois state licensure required
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
Managed Care experience preferred
Associates required, Bachelors preferred
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website