The Reasonable Accommodation Partner is responsible for engaging in the interactive process with colleagues, applicants and leaders when a colleague or applicant requests a workplace accommodation to enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment, perform the essential functions of the position due to a disability, or for a sincerely held religious belief. The Reasonable Accommodation Partner recommends solutions to support requests for accommodation and they will manage the dialogue between the requestor and business leader, ensuring confidentiality in the process. The Reasonable Accommodation Partner tracks and follows all assigned cases to closure. The ideal candidate will be able to engage the colleague and the business in discussions over the requested and potential solutions. This role requires critical thinking, outside the box solutions, and the ability to resolve concerns around accommodations in a timely manner while engaging the CVS Health values of Caring, Collaboration, Innovation, Accountability, and Integrity.
• Responsible for a wide range of activities related to reasonable accommodations including but not limited to, providing advice, counsel and support for interpretation, application and compliance of the ADA, applicable State, Federal laws and company policies.
• Responsible for leading and engaging in the interactive process with colleagues, applicants, leaders, and Human Resources when a colleague or applicant requests a workplace accommodation to perform the essential functions or to enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment due to a disability, pregnancy/pregnancy related condition, or sincerely held religious belief.
• Recommend solutions and influence leaders to consider the accommodation request with an open mind to continue meeting business needs. The Reasonable Accommodation Partner manages all assigned cases to closure, handling each case on its unique facts and circumstances.
• Provide insights, observations and support for reporting and metrics with Reasonable Accommodations cases. Identify trends, observations and shares with business leaders, Human Resources, Legal and other relevant clients.
• Engage as a solid partner with Legal on resolving complex Reasonable Accommodation requests.
• Engage as a subject matter expert on reasonable accommodations with casework handled by other Advice & Counsel colleagues and the Leave of Absence team.
• Provide input for process improvement in team efficiency, effectiveness and process – improving the overall client experience – including identifying education /training opportunities for leaders, employees and Human Resources.
2+ years of experience in employee relations and/or human resources
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
-Experience assisting employees/applicants with accommodation requests, familiarity with FMLA, knowledge of statues, regulations and guidance issued by the EEOC pertaining to ADA accommodations
- Leave of Absence and Reasonable Accommodations experience
- Strong problem solver, ability to create and provide meaningful solutions, applying good judgment and influence as need; understanding the ambiguous areas
- Excellent decision-making skills (optimally gather and analyze facts, weigh risks) and make recommendations that are right for the business, the people and culture
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and plan time/resources accordingly, in a fast-paced high-pressured environment
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and learn quickly
- Ability to interact, partner and influence effectively with all levels of organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills including expertise in conflict management, investigation, negotiation and influencing
- Sound ability to deal with conflict situations in a rational and constructive manner
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website