We are currently seeking a Utility (and Maintenance) colleague position to join the Facility Services team at the CVS Health Distribution Center located in Lumberton, NJ. Our team works together to maintain the upkeep of distribution center facilities, repair broken equipment, inspect finished projects, and comply with all health and safety regulations.
We are looking for a hardworking Utility colleague to perform general cleaning and maintenance duties at our premises. As a Utility colleague, you will be responsible for cleaning assigned areas inside and outside of the property, repairing maintenance tools/systems, performing basic building maintenance duties, and completing/inspecting utility projects.
The Utility colleague will be highly self-motivated, responsible for battery maintenance and changing, cardboard baler, and other associated activities that support Facility operations requirements. Responsibilities also entail knowledge in; minor preventative maintenance tasks, equipment diagnostic troubleshooting, work request documentation, spare parts procurement, and inventory control.
To ensure success as a Utility colleague, you should have a desire to grow within Facility Services as well as basic working knowledge of cleaning and building equipment, manual dexterity, and good physical strength. You should also possess a wide variety of skills such as cleaning, landscaping, painting, fixing lights, repairing equipment, and keeping a safe working area.
• Perform all aspects associated with mobile equipment battery changing and preventive maintenance including battery washing, watering, and charge equalization.
• Carry out minor preventive maintenance tasks on all fixed and mobile material handling equipment including lubrication and minor adjustments in accordance to original manufacturer's recommendations and procedures.
• Perform all tasks in accordance to all OSHA, Federal, State, Local, and Facility safety guidelines and mandates.
• Perform all tasks associated with building and site maintenance, including all building hardware and internal structures, fire suppression systems, plumbing and associated fixtures, dock and rollup doors, etc.
• Ensure best equipment performance through maintenance, repair, and preventive maintenance tasks that are in accordance to the original manufacturer's (OEM) specifications and guidelines or proper copies, unless otherwise specified by management.
• Diagnose and correct equipment malfunctions/failures in a punctual and effective manner.
• Ensure all equipment and work request record keeping and information related with this job function is issued appropriately in a prompt and correct manner, in accordance to company and departmental guidelines.
• Maintain correct and proper inventory levels for all associated equipment, spare parts, hardware, and specialty tools.
• Read, understand, and interpret technical reference manuals, blueprints, wiring diagrams, electrical/pneumatic schematics and equipment control diagrams.
• Supply personal hand tools as required to perform R&M on equipment.
• Perform other duties as required by management.
• Greet vendors/contractors at Lobby areas and escort to Facility Services shop or location where services are to be performed.
• Perform custodial activities as required, including but not limited to, site sweeping and debris pickup, and snow removal.
• Complete and submit daily worksheets describing tasks/work performed.
• Ensure all blueprints, equipment manuals, and other documentation are kept current and safeguarded for the Facility Services' department use.
• Maintain work areas and equipment in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
• General maintenance/repair/preventative maintenance in the subsequent areas: mobile and fixed material handling equipment and electrical systems and associated equipment.
• Upkeep of all outside grounds and buildings.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be certified on all equipment needed to complete job task
• Capable of understanding and using technical information as a tool in the performance of daily
• Ability to read and interpret written work orders.
• Knowledge of cleaning equipment and techniques and experience working with dangerous cleaning chemicals.
• Ability to cross-train and perform to standard in various functions as required by Management.
• Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule to support business demands, which may require working different days or shifts and may also include working overtime on weekdays, weekends, and/or holidays
• Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
• A valid driver's license
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• This position requires frequently lifting moderately heavy equipment (1 – 20 pounds) and occasionally lifting very heavy equipment (up to 100 pounds).
• Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours with the ability to crouch and kneel for extended periods.
• Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
• Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds
• Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
• Walking in and around the DC with great frequency
• Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
• Ability to work in distribution environments that may include seasonal temperature changes, rolling equipment and conveyors.
• Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
• Prior experience as a Utility worker in the maintenance/mechanical field
• Battery changer and cardboard baler operation experience.
• Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer-focused manner
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects, priorities and workload
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally (written and verbal) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
• Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric with the ability to work independently
• Capable of understanding and using technical information as a tool in the performance of daily activities.
• High school diploma or equivalent
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website