DEA's Portland, OR office is looking for a CAD Technician in our Transportation Business Unit to support our Roads and Highways team. The primary duties of the CAD Technician are to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphic representations related to transportation planning and design. This position will be working in, but not limited to MicroStation, OpenRoads and Civil 3D. You may be asked to preform occasional field work including site review and construction oversight.
Other duties include:
- Initiate the production of plan sets to include standard drawings and engineering details. Perform research, as required, to ensure the use of the most recent standard drawings as issued by DOT's and municipalities.
- Perform red-line changes to exhibits and contract drawings.
- Set up and maintain drawing files and adhere to drafting standards as applicable to each client and project.
- Manage the execution of work assignments within an allocated budget and schedule.
- Review all work for completeness and accuracy and adhere to schedule and quality expectations established by contract and client standards.
- Associates Degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Drafting, or related field.
- 2+ years' experience drafting related to transportation engineering projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge or training using MicroStation, InRoads, and/or OpenRoads.
- Experience related to DOT projects and standards.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five markets; Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, Smart Mobility and Construction Engineering.
Apply on company website