DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY
Daytona International Speedway is a state-of-the-art motorsports facility and was awarded the SportsBusiness Journal's prestigious Sports Business Award for Sports Facility of the Year in 2016. Daytona International Speedway is the home of "The Great American Race” – the DAYTONA 500. Though the prestigious season-opening NASCAR Cup Series event garners most of the attention – as well as the largest audience in motorsports - the approximately 500-acre motorsports complex boasts the most diverse schedule of racing on the globe, thus earning it the title of "World Center of Racing." Among the nine major weekends of racing activity are the Rolex 24 At DAYTONA, the DAYTONA Supercross, the DAYTONA 200 motorcycle classic and the Coke Zero Sugar 400. Rarely a week goes by that the Speedway grounds are not used for events that include track tours, concerts, civic and social gatherings, car shows, photo shoots, production vehicle testing and police motorcycle training.
The Daytona International Speedway is seeking an individual who is passionate about the hospitality/events business, results driven, customer focused with an the opportunity to work with companies wishing to maximize their association at the “World Center of Racing”. The Special Events Coordinator will touch all aspects of a private event including contracting, design and set-up, direct involvement with vendors, set-up crews and Levy Catering to ensure a positive experience for our clients and their guests at DIS. This individual must be comfortable in a fast paced environment and ability to establish relationships with senior level executives. This position will also work on both Corporate and Fan Hospitality for the Southeast Region of NASCAR. The Southeast Region of NASCAR consists of Daytona International Speedway, Talladega Super Speedway and Homestead-Miami Speedway.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Manager on daily priorities and focus with customers
- Write Special Event contracts and manage them through the execution phase
- Act as liaison to Levy Catering staff on menu, set up and execution of event
- Create and distribute Special Event Memo's internally to DIS Stakeholders
- Attend Special Events to ensure client satisfaction and build event summaries for all events hosted which will capture client feedback, any issues encountered during the event, room layouts, photos, notes etc.
- Contact any/all past due issues associated with Special Events
- Maintain high level of customer service to existing and new corporate clients
- Work closely with Daytona International Speedway Sales, Client Services team during DIS Race Season specifically in hospitality club areas
- Coordinator Fan & Corporate Hospitality for SE Region of NASCAR
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Manager of Special Events
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree required preferably with a focus in hospitality/event management
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external clients at all levels of the applicable organizations
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic, results oriented and the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and think independently at times
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required
- Travel to Talladega Super Speedway and Homestead-Miami race weekends
- Strong computer skills in all aspects of Microsoft Office and Database Management
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
Apply on company website