SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include participation of 401k. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Assists Physical and occupational therapist in conducting PT/OT programs as prescribed by Physician, completes routine paperwork, performs general cleaning duties and related work as required.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Orthopedic, neuro, spine care, pulmonary including but not limited to joint replacement, fractures, CVA, soft tissue injury, etc.
- Follow daily, weekly and monthly cleaning protocols including but not limited to checking linen level; daily disposing of dirty linen properly; filling supplies/equipment in plastic containers; cleaning hydroculators, treatment tables, equipment, and treatment/work areas daily, clean and appropriately store treatment tools/equipment daily; maintain daily temperature logs; complete daily oxygen change to include maintenance of daily oxygen cylinder log.
- Transport patients to therapy, prepares patients and area for treatment, i.e. set up of treatment activity, assist with treatment procedures with training under the supervision of a therapist, adheres to treatment precautions, responds and reports change in the patient's status to therapist.
- Performs the following tasks as requested: reconciles new orders, schedules patient's treatment, prepares and files daily charges and census information, reconciles daily charges, keeps department statistical reports, prepares home programs as directed by therapist, answers incoming calls, inventories materials and supplies, completes daily maintenance and equipment checklists.
- Demonstrates Customer Service principles and behaviors appropriately. Greets, establishes and maintains therapeutic relationship with patients, explains the activity at the patient's level of understanding with direction from therapist.
- Other duties as assigned.
QualificationsREQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS BCLS REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE High School Diploma or GED Graduate of Rehab Tech program preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
Capable of assisting therapist in patient treatment and of following directions as outlined.
Requires understanding, patience and tact in dealing with patients, visitors, families, personnel and medical staff.
Requires the ability to follow the hospital policies pertaining to duties performed.
Understands limits of duties and remains within the boundaries of these duties.
Demonstrates technical skills in the delivery of patient care.
Understands significance of observations and timely reporting.
Ability to handle confidential data according to hospital policy and procedure.
Prefer experience in a Rehab setting and knowledge of therapeutic recreation
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website