DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
In conjunction with the department director, assist to plan, organize and supervise daily departmental operations including staffing, scheduling, quality improvement, and staff education. To administer, analyze and appraise the care given in the rehab setting. To plan, organize and conduct therapy programs for patients designed to restore function, prevent disability following disease, injury, or loss of body parts within departmental guidelines. To serve as the mentor for therapy staff in terms of patient care, billing, and compliance in the therapy setting. To participate in the identification of future departmental needs to improve the quality of patient care. To participate in marketing strategies to increase community awareness and patient volume.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Patient care: conducts diagnostic and prognostic evaluations and functional ability tests as prescribed observing all precautions for indications and contra-indications. Plans and implements therapy programs as per physicians orders and in compliance with current standards and practices. Makes recommendations regarding care of the patient to the physician, team members and discharge planner/case manager. (LPT/OTR)
- Treats Patients: Selects and applies appropriate therapy techniques, procedures, exercises and therapeutic modalities based on current standards of clinical practice. Selects and utilizes rehab equipment in a safe and effective manner. Modifies the treatment program when indicated, in order to maximize patient progress.
- Documentation: reviews patient's records. Completes documentation in patient records and documents progress in patient's chart daily. Completes documentation in patient records on a timely basis which includes, but is not limited to evaluations, progress notes, charges, discharge notes and patient communication.
- Supervision: direct activities of registered therapy personnel including PT's, PTA's, OT's, COTA's, SLP's, therapy technicians, students and volunteers as assigned. Ensures treatment plans are being performed appropriately by all staff members
- Quality: participates in continuous quality improvement and program development as assigned, to include but not limited to: data gathering, chart reviews, recommendations and implementation of quality assurance action plans. Participates in department quality improvement activities by identifying improvement needs, collecting data and implementing plan.
- Department Compliance: Complies with Department Policy and procedures, Safety/Infection Control Plans/OSHA guidelines, Handbook, and standards of regulatory bodies (JCAHO, Medicare, CARF, etc.)
- Maintains liaison with hospital department managers and other individuals to ensure continuity of care and effective communication of plan of care.
- Participates in hospital/departmental committees as necessary
- Promotes usage of hospital continuum of care when planning follow up care.
- Participates in development and implementation of marketing strategies
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy, or Physical Therapy, or Masters in Speech Language Pathology preferred or, minimum requirements of an Associates Degree in Physical Therapy Assistant or Occupational Therapy Assistant with a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field.REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
Board Certified by Texas State Board of Occupational Therapy, or Physical Therapy, or Speech Language PathologyBCLS
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of Physical Therapy principles and practices, general anatomy and physiology, diseases and post-surgical conditions, body movements and functions and medical terminology.
Supervisory skills; general employee relations.
Abilities in staff interactions.
Management/Supervisory experience preferredBilingual in English/Spanish
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website