Our Exciting Work Environment
This position will be based out of Delaware North's new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art, 12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office design.The Opportunity
This position is responsible for recommending the design, implementation and development of the financial planning, forecasting and management reporting of two or more Delaware North business units including Sportservice and Travel Hospitality (subsidiaries.) The successful incumbent demonstrates expertise and best practices using technology and financial planning systems (specifically Hyperion) to stream line processes which facilitate the strategic analysis and recommendations driving business growth and effectiveness. Formulates and recommends financial pro-formas to ensure financial considerations align with business development and strategy initiatives. Interacts and builds credibility with the Delaware North Investment Committee.
Results of this role provide strategic and tactical leadership to optimize the financial resources of the organization. This is a transformative role in the finance department that enables strategic direction and business results for Delaware North.Responsibilities
- Develops, implements and administers the annual planning process and the financial forecast process.
- Establishes frameworks and creates pro-forma models to ensure optimal investment proposals that align with business strategy.
- Reports, analyzes and guides strategic conversations with Delaware North leadership.
- Collaborates with the Financial System team to utilize technology to streamline and enhance FP&A processes.
- Collaborates with Head of FP&A and other Finance leadership on key issues related to establishing effective financial strategies, planning and reporting for the business
- Performs financial and operational analysis with the goal of improving the efficiency and profitability of subsidiary operations.
- Performs analysis for the Treasurer in modeling future spending capacity and debt positions.
- Manages long term forecasts and the 5-year bank plan.
- Manages quarterly Board of Director and Shareholder meeting reporting.
- Manages the annual budget and presents analysis to evaluate actual results and forecasts.
- Leads a team who contribute to the execution of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Builds team to effectively execute key initiatives and strategies.
- Provide leadership, guidance and development to analysts responsible for consolidating total company analysis and corporate admin cost strategy.
- Build relationships with peers across corporate functions and within each operating company.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills.
- Drives stakeholder management discipline, with attention to detail and effective follow-up within all functions of the finance enterprise.
Area of study: Accounting/Finance
10 years in progressive financial analysis and management
Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control
Experience in financial modeling, forecasting, analysis and financial reporting.
Experience in utilizing financial systems to support business strategy (Hyperion and PeopleSoft preferred.)
Annual operating and administrative budgets.Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website