Under the direction of Supervisor, sells retail merchandise to guests in accordance with Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Greets and acknowledges guests
- Answers guests' questions and assists them whenever possible
- Recommends, selects and helps locate or obtain merchandise for guests
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts payment, counts change and bags merchandise
- Follows all register procedures and handles cash accordingly
- Organizes keys from Valet on the key wall in numerical order
- Accepts the correct payment and records payment in the POS
- Organizes payments with valet tickets and turns them in at the end of shift
- Passes guest keys to Valet for speedy retrieval of cars to guests
- Exchanges merchandise for guests and processes returns, with approval of supervisor
- Maintains records related to sales
- Ensures that all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed.
- Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves.
- Verifies amount of bank at beginning and the end of each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized store or stand.
- Maintains orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be found.
- Sets aside and notifies supervisor of defective, mis-marked, mislabeled, incorrectly priced, shopworn or damaged merchandise.
- Watches for and recognizes security risks and thefts and reports to security and management
- Completes all related close-out paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
(Insert unit-specifications below, if applicable)
- Conducts inventory, as directed by supervisor/manager
- Assists with loading and unloading of merchandise.
Education & Experience:
- Previous experience in cash handling required
- Previous experience with operating point-of-sale systems required
- Previous experience in retail or customer service environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
- Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items.
- Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors' instructions.
- Role model the GuestPath Universal Service Standards and interact positively through relationships with guests, coworkers, and supervisors displaying genuine concern and mutual respect for people's needs
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently
- Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail store
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website