Our Exciting Work Environment
Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack offers 23 table games, 9-table poker room, over 1,400 slot machines, 151-room luxury hotel, one of the top Greyhound Tracks in the USA (based on purses paid), six restaurants, 1,000-seat showroom, meeting and banquet services, and gift shop. Please visit www.wheelingisland.com for further facility information.Position Details
Job Title: Security Guard
Shift/Hours Required: All shifts
Age Requirement (if applic): 21 or older
Patrol the facility, and stand post at the entrance of the gaming areas or the kennels in accordance with the Company's GuestPath Universal Service and Operations Standards.
- Stand post at gaming entrances.
- Patrol all pedestrian and vehicle areas to provide a safe and secure environment.
- Be observant for, and report any safety hazards found on property.
- Maintain crowd control.
- Ensure that no one under the age of 21 enters the gaming area.
- Observe and report procedural violations and illegal activity.
- Provide cash escorts.
- Recover lost and found items.
- Investigate incidents and medical situations as requested, and compose written reports.
- Assure compliance with West Virginia Lottery and West Virginia Racing Commission standards.
- Communicate via two-way radio with co-workers or other personnel.
- Provide security at the kennels.
- Check dog papers and verify dogs entering and exiting the Kennel facility.
- Must be able to handle conflict situations with tact and maintain your composure at all times.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Assist in the protection of Company assets, patrons and employees
- Perform as a team member and assist fellow associates to ensure a smooth operation.
- Greet guests appropriately, treating each person as an individual and in a professional manner.
- Understand the goals and vision of the organization and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
Education & Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Driving license must not be suspended or revoked
- Three (3) or more at-fault accidents and/or moving violations in the previous 36 months
- Two (2) or more at-fault accidents and/or moving violations in the past year.
- Driving record must have none of the following driving infractions within the previous five (5) years:
- DUI (Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol) conviction
- Death by vehicle
- Hit and Run
- Careless driving conviction
- Reckless driving conviction
- Implied consent
- Vision must be of sufficient quality that the individual is not restricted in the performance of duties, day or night.
- West Virginia Racing Commission License
- Criminal Justice background a plus, previous related experience preferred.
- Preference for no criminal history
- Preference for applicants with basic computer skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to learn quickly and work with minimum supervision.
- Must be honest, mature, pleasant, self-starting, responsible, friendly and neat.
- Individuals must be able to work a flexible schedule. This is a 24-hour, 7-day a week dept. Guards must be willing to work day, evening or night, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website