Our Exciting Work Environment
Mardi Gras Casino & Resort features more than 850 slot machines and a mix of 25 table games, including Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Big Six and more. Or test your skill in our Big Easy Poker Room – where you can play beginners and experts alike in Texas Hold'em, Omaha Hi-Lo and 7-Card Stud.
Experience our hotel with 150 deluxe rooms, including 21 suites. Every overnight stay offers a double pillow-top mattress; free high-speed internet access; high-definition, flat-screen television; cooked-to-order breakfast; and access to our saline pol, hot tub, fitness center and more.
Whether you are looking for an intimate gourmet dinner or a quick meal, Mardi Gras Casino & Resort has something for you. Our French Quarter restaurant offers a fine-dining experience with steaks, seafood and more. The First Turn restaurant allows you to eat casual full-service cuisine while overlooking the greyhound racetrack and Café Orleans offers a variety of sandwiches and snacks for a lighter, faster option.
Join us for live greyhound and simulcast racing action! Enjoy the thrill of betting and winning while overlooking our racetrack or experiencing one of our state-of-the-art simulcast areas. Live racing is available year-round.The Opportunity
Summary Ensures that all security procedures are performed successfully.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures all equipment is operational on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Minimize business risk by ensuring compliance with local legislation, internal policies and procedures, MIC's
- Development and performance management of the security team and line staff through Workplace assessments appraisal system
- Create a ‘performance management' environment through the implementation of appropriate company practices and processes
- Develop and facilitate training programs – induction, refresher, external courses
- Ensure an effective succession plan is in place by developing and training of direct reports and line staff
- Provide direction, resources, guidance and coaching to management team
- Review and follow up and perform all day to day operational matters, written reports
- Provide timely and accurate reports in the form of written and verbal content detailing
- Effectively supervise security supervisor and guards.
- Assist with special details
- Responsible for lock down and sweep procedures
- Do incident reports
- Do employee evaluations
- Evaluate patrons for code sevens and perform cut offs if necessary
- Make sure the building is open/closed according to procedure
- Assist patrons
- Handle both patron and employee complaints
- Fingerprint and make employee ID's
- Process self-exclusion
- Vehicle registration for parking passes
- All other duties assigned.
Make sure shifts are properly staffed and that staff is informed of responsibilities for shifts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Education and/or Experience
2 to 3 years of security experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk.Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website