Are you an accounting professional with a passionate about solving our clients' problems? Do you thrive on developing and motivating others? If you are looking for your next step after auditor a considerable amount of dedicated time, we are in the process of expanding Deloitte's Accounting and Reporting Advisory practice. We are seeking professionals who want to build off of their existing audit knowledge and accounting experience to use such knowledge on exciting advisory projects that add great value to our clients within their finance, accounting, and operation departments. From technical accounting issues, to new standard implementations; from complex transaction support to internal controls, the leaders of our practice will help you in expanding your experience base to further develop your career. At Deloitte, we provide services using an approach designed to provide the flexibility to serve the unique circumstances and complexities of our clients. As an Accounting and Reporting Advisory Manager you'll assist in the delivery of quality services that exceed client expectations. You'll also be responsible for mentoring staff, providing them with developmental feedback and career guidance.
Work you'll do
As an Accounting and Reporting Advisory Manager, you will oversee day-to-day operations of engagements. You'll closely work with the team to tackle accounting and other issues, while using our cutting-edge tools and technology. You will leverage your various skillsets to be an agile contributor to the practice. Other responsibilities will include:
- Identify, prepare and participate in proposals for new clients and projects
- Stay connected to market trends to think through future innovative solutions
- Guide integration of overseas resources to drive efficient execution
- Develop, maintain and leverage internal contacts across Deloitte businesses
- Be a trusted advisor to public and private clients to assist with accounting, financial reporting and internal control matters
- Strengthen client relationships and generate additional engagement opportunities through excellent quality, timely execution and a strategic approach to service delivery
- Supervise, coach and mentor all levels of staff. Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback and training. Develop and communicate workplace culture and code of conduct
- Provide technical accounting advice, prepare detailed calculations and manage projects such as:
- Revenue Recognition and related costs (ASC 606 and ASC 340-40)
- Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL)
- Stock-based compensation
- Derivatives and hedging
- Business combinations
- Foreign currencies
- Earnings per share
- Capitalization of internal use software and website development costs
- Assist clients with the accounting and reporting aspects of transactions including acquisitions, equity, and debt etc.
- Assist clients will all financial and reporting aspects of an IPO
- Assist clients in complying with SEC financial reporting requirements (10Ks, 10Qs and other filings)
- Assist with drafting private and public company financial statements
- Assist clients with internal controls related matter, including design, implementation, testing and remediation
- Assist clients in preparing for and completing audits, and liaising with the auditors
- Perform data analytics to assist in the above areas
Our team culture is collaborative and encourages team members to take initiative and seek on-the-job learning opportunities. Our audit professionals are committed to excellence and to enhancing the trust of the investing public and capital markets. Quality is our top priority, and by focusing on innovation, we continue to raise the bar on quality and deliver greater value to our clients. Learn more about Deloitte Audit.
- 5-7 years of public accounting or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in managing and supervising teams
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Strong and up-to-date technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards
- Experience in researching and clearly documenting accounting issues and applicable accounting standards
- Ability to read complex documents, synthesize and summarize important facts
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve and work independently on multiple engagements
- Proven experience in managing client relationships
- Ability to manage and motivate teams with team members at all levels
- Strong on-the-job training skills and a desire to teach
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Good project and time management skills
- Good presentation skills and an ability to explain complex issues clearly and succinctly
- Experience in financial reporting and SEC requirements of IPOs an advantage
- Knowledge of IFRS or other international accounting standards an advantage
- Ability to build presence in the marketplace, network and build relationships, such as maintaining relationships with college alumni
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a virtual environment
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, we believe in professional development and helping our people grow. We offer learning opportunities to help you sharpen your skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. We support the development of leadership and technical skills through leading-edge learning development solutions such as our Welcome to Deloitte on-boarding program, career milestone learning programs, and Audit technical training. Deloitte University, our 107-acre, $300M center, demonstrates our commitment to development by delivering an interactive, immersive learning environment that offers a physical campus in a virtual world. Welcoming more than 50,000 learners annually from 81 countries, we're considered one of the leading private companies for growing leadership skills. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 17716
Apply on company website