Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory's Credit Risk professionals help financial institutions manage and measure credit risk across the credit lifecycle, through credit modeling, process assessment and redesign, digital transformation, and responding to evolving business and regulatory environments.
Work you'll do
The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, analytical, and driven with genuine passion for credit risk and the financial services industry as well as building relationships. Candidates should be energized by continuous personal improvement, proactively seeking out new skills and perspectives and exhibiting openness to coaching from senior colleagues. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting projects such as:
- Credit model development and validation (CECL, CCAR, risk rating scorecards, risk-based pricing, etc.)
- Credit reporting and analytics
- Credit risk monitoring (e.g., risk limits and concentrations)
- Climate risk
- Digital credit
- Credit data management
- Credit process assessment and redesign
- Credit related controls, policies, and governance
- Continuously building knowledge of industry best practices in credit risk management
- Working on engagements in a team-based environment, partnering directly with clients, fellow practitioners, and Deloitte consultants from complementary disciplines
- Leading workstreams within the context of a larger engagement, and/or helping manage smaller engagements, gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing actionable recommendations
- Helping present your team's findings to client stakeholders, and implementing recommendations
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Economics, Finance, Business, Statistics, Math, Finance, Business Management, or related field
- 8+ years of experience working in the financial services industry, with the majority of time working in a credit risk management, underwriting or related regulatory capacity
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas across the credit lifecycle (from origination/underwriting to workout and collections) gained through past experience or specific positions within a financial institution:
- Credit risk management processes
- Commercial/wholesale lending,
- Retail/consumer lending
- Bank regulatory compliance
- Process redesign of key credit risk areas/functions
- Developing / implementing banking systems and enabling technology solutions (with a focus on credit)
- Credit risk evaluation, including qualitative and quantitative approaches, as well as modeling, analytics, and forecasting including (CECL, CCAR, risk rating scorecards, risk-based pricing, etc.)
- Prior experience providing ‘consultative' services (whether at another consulting firm or acting in a consultative manner internally at a financial institution).
- Project management skills
- Formal credit training through an internal bank program or external training program
- Well-rounded knowledge of common banking infrastructures: technology, data & metrics, reporting, governance in various areas within banking
- Strong written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to interact and effectively communicate with client personnel
- Strong analytical/reasoning skills applicable across different bank functions, products and portfolios
- Ability to prioritize assignments and potential problems
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of projects
- Close attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with clients
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
- Track record of working in a collaborative, team-based environment to solve business challenges and drive change in large organizations
- Possess quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills, with high capacity for solving business problems with incomplete information
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Willingness to travel up to 50-75% of the time (while business travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Advanced degree and/or certification (e.g. Quantitative Masters degree, MBA, FRM, or CFA)
- Completion of bank credit training
- Subject matter expertise in a financial services sub-area such as Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Transaction Banking, Wholesale Banking, Cards & Payments, Real Estate, FinTech
- Prior work experience at a US banking regulator or in a credit risk or underwriting roles at a bank, fintech, or other financial services institution
- Familiarity with a wide range of banking functions, including:
- credit products and operations
- loan products and operations (deposits, credit cards, lending, underwriting)
- risk management (e.g. credit risk, liquidity risk, operational risk, compliance risk, market risk, interest rate risk, climate risk)
- Experience with Environmental, Social, and Governance risk management
- Experience incorporating climate risk considerations into business functions (e.g. modeling, stress testing, etc.)
- Experience programming in Python, R, SAS, SQL or other languages.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 37941
Apply on company website