Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Advisory Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, PA.
Work You'll Do
Interface with internal audit, business, IT, and members of executive management to design and implement solutions. Help to identify and evaluate complex business process and technology risks. Evaluate and implement internal controls that mitigate risks. Participate in compliance assessments, determine internal compliance plans, execute compliance program redesign, assess issues, and work with management to determine remediation plans and track progress. Understand clients business environment, compliance programs, basic risk management approaches and develop workplans and reports to deliver solutions. Demonstrate knowledge of market trends and competitor activities, products, and service lines. Coordinate the utilization of people, processes, and technologies to improve effectiveness and help manage costs. Contribute to engagement planning and ensure that products/deliverables meet contract/work plans. Contribute to a strong client relationship through interactions with client personnel.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Healthcare Administration, Health Policy and Management, Business Analytics, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of professional consulting services experience in the life sciences and healthcare industries.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Reviewing medical records and providing documentation to assess compliance against criteria published by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”) to confirm whether medical care given in compliance with CMS rules and standards;
- Reviewing dental records to assess compliance with Medicaid and identifying fraudulent services and billing practices;
- Performing risk and internal control assessments for healthcare provider organizations to evaluate compliance with regulatory guidelines;
- Analyzing inpatient and outpatient paid claims data to identify potential reimbursement opportunities for healthcare systems and recommending potential coding and billing changes to resolve account errors;
- Creating and managing deliverables, including reports of investigations, audits, and assessments to summarize of findings for clients;
- Assisting with summarizing observations and recommendations for clients to ensure business processes comply with applicable federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and guidelines;
- Interacting with client personnel to communicate results and findings of assessments and audits;
- Working with internal teams to develop end-to-end business solutions and assessment toolkits to assist hospital and health system clients achieve goals based on their annual work plans;
- Utilizing healthcare management principles to assist with formulation of financial budgets for projects; and
- Mentoring and coaching junior team members.
Position requires 80% travel.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 17301
Apply on company website