Android Developer Consultant
ConvergeHEALTH is a part of Deloitte Consulting's Core Industry Solutions Offering. ConvergeHEALTH supports the information-based transformation of healthcare by enabling healthcare and life sciences organizations to answer the “hard questions” in healthcare–what works, for whom, why, in what context, and at what cost? ConvergeHEALTH brings powerful analytics platforms and data models from Recombinant, advanced proprietary and open source analytics, content and benchmarks from collaborations with industry leaders such as Intermountain Healthcare, and significant experience from Deloitte Consulting LLP's Life Sciences and Healthcare practice to help our clients survive and thrive in the new paradigm of value-based, personalized medicine. Our mission is to enable a “learning healthcare system” where each encounter with the healthcare system becomes a learning event that will lead to greater efficiency, higher quality care and sustained innovation, to the benefit of improving patient outcomes.
Work You'll Do:
• Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform.
• Own the development, testing, and maintenance of native Android SDKs.
• Produce and ensure delivery of quality, readable, and well unit tested code.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
• Work on a new development, bug fixing, code review and improving application and SDK performance.
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
• Effective written and verbal communications skills.
We expect you to have:
• Bachelor's degree
• 3-5 years of hands-on mobile app development experience.
• Proven working experience in Android software development and proficient with Kotlin, Java development on Android Studio.
• Good understanding of Android Architecture Components, Android SDK, dependency injection, MVVM architectural patterns.
• Experience with Test-Driven Development environment and performed Unit Tests using the JUnit framework.
• Experience with third-party libraries, Custom libraries and APIs.
• Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
• Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
• Experience with source control such as Git, Bitbucket, Stash.
• Experience with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services and OAuth 2.0.
• Have published one or more Android apps.
We'd love you to have:
• Experience in Analytics, FCM, Google Fit and developing backend applications with AWS, Java or NodeJS.
• HealthCare experience.
• Experience developing any of iOS (Objective-C or Swift), Spring-based Java web services, or modern web technologies like Angular and Node JS, would be a plus, but is not required.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 27105
Apply on company website