Denver | Seattle
Deloitte Studios is a full-service creative agency within Deloitte Digital. A newly formed group that brings together our Digital Experience capabilities and our Advertising/Marketing teams into new kind of Creative agency. An agency that, coupled with the power of Deloitte Digital, combines creativity and technology to tell new stories in new ways. We are a collection of artists, analysts, strategists, engineers, writers, makers, business-builders, designers, and dreamers with offices in Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Seattle. We work alongside broader Deloitte to create brand momentum, bringing people closer to the things they care about and driving businesses forward.
We are seeking a Android Engineer that is passionate about brands and eager to help grow a new agency model. A model that is powered by smarter insights, and puts creativity to work in advertising, and well beyond it – influencing the entire marketing ecosystem. We believe brands should impact more than just comms, and we hope you do too.
Work you'll do
You are a passionate Android engineer with experience tackling a variety of unique challenges. You enjoy harnessing new features while also being comfortable diving in to a legacy codebase. You can implement advanced design specifications and complex behavioral interactions. You inform and collaborate with the UX/UI team to produce best-of-platform, accessible user experiences. Whether time is on your side or the deadline is tight, you bring an insightful mind and keen eye to your daily activities — making the smart, innovative engineering decisions for which Deloitte Digital is known.
The Deloitte Studios Team
Sits within our “Advertising, Marketing & Commerce” offering
Within our group, we create content, communications, and experiences that engage and inspire our clients' customers to act. We implement and operate the technology platforms that enable personalized content, commerce and user-centric experiences. And, in doing so, we transform our clients' marketing and engagement operations into modern, data-driven, creatively focused organizations – all built to drive growth.
Our AM&C offering serves our clients through the following types of work:
•Advertising campaign ideation, development and execution
•Cross-channel customer engagement strategy, design and development to include the creation of omni-channel digital experiences across web, mobile, social, physical, AR/VR, voice, gesture, IoT, and video
•eCommerce strategy, implementation and operations
•Marketing Content and digital asset management solutions
•Marketing Technology and Advertising Technology solutions
•Marketing analytics implementation and operations
•Acquisition and engagement campaign ideation, development and execution
•Agile based, design-thinking, user-centric, empirical projects that accelerate results
- Responsible for production and integration of Java/Kotlin for projects ranging from simple prototypes to complex applications
- Contribute to a large variety of different types of projects, team sizes and client scales
- Clearly communicate risk and implementation details to clients and project stakeholders
- Give and receive engineering mentorship
- Continuously improve our engineering process and capabilities
- 2+ years of native mobile engineering experience working with Android and/or related native mobile frameworks
- A consistent passion for learning and honing your craft
- A well-rounded understanding of a variety of Android frameworks
- Ability to work as a group contributor or independently if needed
- A working knowledge of common build tools
- An understanding of Android performance optimization best practices
- An understanding of hardware compatibility and versioning strategy
- A keen eye for aesthetics and desire to make things “pixel-perfect”
- Ability to receive feedback and use it to improve your work
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Eagerness to learn from and work with others
- Willingness to apply your skillset broadly and expand it to meet client needs
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Ability to travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.
Preferred Qualifications- Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience working in a consulting environment
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Participation in the open source community
- Machine learning, AR/VR, wearable and/or conversational UI experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte Digital,our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level oftheir career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work everyday. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always roomto learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills, work withindustry-leading talent on a daily basis, in addition to hands-on experience inthe global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiencesto formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have avariety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career, whiledelivering products and services to Fortune 500 clients. Explore DeloitteUniversity, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we knowthat great people make a great organization. We value our people and offeremployees a broad range of benefits. Learnmore about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive andsupportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. Wecelebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them theflexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered,confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously lookingfor new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy,happy lives. Learnmore about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by apurpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are andextends to relationships with our clients, our people and ourcommunities. We believe that business has the power to inspire andtransform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, andleadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learnmore about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekersexploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help youwith your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some backgroundabout the organization and the business area you're applying to. Checkout recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E21DENCSSRCG001-CM
Apply on company website