DELOITTE LSHC ATTORNEY
Deloitte LLP is the U.S. member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and services are provided by the subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP (Deloitte & Touche LLP, Deloitte Consulting LLP, Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, Deloitte Tax LLP and their subsidiaries), and not by Deloitte LLP. The subsidiaries of the U.S. member firm are among the nation's leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services through nearly 40,000 people in more than 90 cities. Known as employers of choice for innovative human resources programs, they are dedicated to helping their clients and people excel.
Work you'll do
Deloitte LLP is searching for an attorney to specialize in commercial contracting to support its growing Life Sciences and Health Care (LSHC) focused business practices.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts, primarily professional services agreements, with LSHC industry-based clients, such as pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies, as well as healthcare providers, payers and vendors.
- Advise and provide solutions to internal business clients serving LSHC industry-based clients on legal issues specific to the LSHC industry.
- Research, summarize and disseminate LSHC industry-specific information focusing on specific issues or internal business client requests, and presenting such information at internal meetings.
- Proactively maintain a current understanding of LSHC laws impacting Deloitte's businesses.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Law degree required.
- Active member of a U.S. State bar.
- 4 – 6 years of experience as a practicing attorney, preferably in a leading law firm and/or large in-house department.
- 3+ years of focused legal practice in life sciences and/or health care law, either representing or engaging with life sciences and/or health care companies.
- Knowledge of, and experience in advising various stakeholders on, life sciences and/or health care laws, such as Sunshine Act, Stark Law, anti-kickback laws, False Claims Act, PhRMA Code, adverse event reporting laws, medical device regulations, FDCA, ACA, and/or HIPAA required.
- Experience with drafting and negotiating services agreements, consulting agreements and/or vendor agreements.
- Experience in negotiating software implementation, managed services, outsourcing, and/or application maintenance services agreements a plus.
- Experience advising various stakeholders on contractual and other transactional matters, preferably regarding LSHC practice issues.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Aptitude for learning. Must be able to quickly understand trends in LSHC and in contracting generally.
- Exceptional negotiating skills.
- Business acumen with a solution-oriented approach.
- Strong work ethic.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment with short deadlines, as required.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 20822
Apply on company website