Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Audit & Assurance Senior in Philadelphia, PA.
Work You'll Do
Work under the supervision of upper management to design audit approaches, conduct field audit engagements, and perform complex accounting and auditing of balance sheets and income statements. Participate in the completion of client annual reports and interact with clients to discuss field audit issues. Perform accounting and auditing functions on field engagements for major corporate clients, and develop accounting worksheets. Participate in pre-audit planning for audit engagements. Review client accounting and operating procedures and systems of internal control. Conduct audit tests which are sufficient in scope to support professional opinions as to the fair representation of client financial statements. Participate in the preparation of financial statement reports. Perform analytical reviews of audit documents. Prepare the documentation supporting audit opinions. Perform accounting research to solve issues that arise during the course of audit or compliance engagements. Will commute within the Philadelphia, PA area to consult with clients concerning the above job duties.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- One year of accounting and auditing experience in the life sciences and healthcare, and retail industry.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Performing audits under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) auditing standards, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX);
- Utilizing audit software, including engagement management software to perform tracking and forecasting for audit engagements;
- Auditing financial statements including reviews of quarterly financial information, reviewing clients' annual reports, and interacting with clients to discuss audit issues;
- Working with complex areas of clients' balance sheets and income statements, including goodwill, complex investments, management estimates, and income taxes;
- Designing, implementing, and assessing deficiencies of internal controls, and testing controls in accordance with AICPA and SOX standards;
- Interacting with accounting and auditing specialists within complex accounting areas, including pricing, tax, and information technology specialists and interacting directly with senior management of the audit team and audit clients to discuss auditing findings, issues, and resolution;
- Utilizing advanced Excel tools, including Pivot Tables, VLookup, and macros, and data analytics tools, including Tableau and Power BI;
- Reviewing clients' filings under SEC regulations for material errors and inconsistencies; and
- Identifying risks of material misstatement based on the qualitative and quantitative consideration factors and performing planned testing procedures to determine whether financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and free of material misstatement.
- Must possess: U.S. CPA license or passage of all four parts of U.S. CPA examination.
- Less than 10% travel outside of normal commuting distance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 17482
Apply on company website