Analytics & Cognitive – Cloud Data Engineer-AWS (Amazon Web Services) – Solution Specialist - USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
· Work with the team to evaluate business needs and priorities, liaise with key business partners and address team needs related to data systems & management.
· Translate business requirements into technical specifications; establish and define details, definitions, and requirements of applications, components and enhancements.
· Participate in project planning; identifying milestones, deliverables and resource requirements; tracks activities and task execution.
· Generate design, development and test plans, detailed functional specifications documents, user interface design, and process flow charts for execution of programming.
· Develop data pipelines / APIs using Python, SQL, potentially Spark and other AWS methods
· Use an analytical, data-driven approach to drive a deep understanding of fast changing business.
· Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks in AWS cloud platform.
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies, to brand-building and campaign management. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
· 3-5 years of experience in Data Warehousing tools such as Redshift, Snowflake, Oracle, and/or SQL, Informatica, Python.
· Strong SQL and data analysis knowledge
· Experience with AWS Tools/Technologies: EC2, S3, EMR, Kinesis, RDS, Redshift/Spectrum, Lambda, Glue, Athena, API gateway
· 3+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
· Expertise in one or more programming languages (ideally Scala, or Python)
· Experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system on any size/scale
· Passion for technology, industry research and enjoys solving business problems
· Excellent verbal, written, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
· Bachelor's degree or higher / equivalent work experience
Must be willing to travel up to 25%
· Must be willing to live and work in one of our Center locations:
§ Gilbert, AZ (Phoenix area)
§ Mechanicsburg, PA (Harrisburg area)
§ Lake Mary, FL (Orlando area)
· Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder
· AWS Certification preferred
· Experience working agile development methodologies such as Sprint and Scrum
· Ability to multi-task & support multiple priorities/multiple deliverables
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20GILCACSSM003-USDC
Apply on company website