The Back-End Senior Software Engineer will lead and serve as part of a team supporting established projects and creating products from the ground up.
Work you'll do
The incumbent is a team player who is passionate about learning and applying their technical skills and experiences to solve real-world problems.
In addition to working with/on multiple teams, you will have an opportunity to mentor developers by reviewing and providing feedback on development techniques to maintain and improve code quality. This also requires staying up to date with industry innovations, coding conventions and optimization techniques.
You will have an opportunity to influence and contribute to the full suite of Deloitte products by adapting and expanding existing infrastructure and architecture to meet product owner demands.
In this fast-paced environment, you will be designing, coding and implementing an enterprise system, including integration with 3rd party tools, business process management and various interfaces to internal systems.
You should feel comfortable reviewing feature and defect requests through the issue tracker system to include identifying resolution estimates, providing solution details and ticket assignment.
The Tech Center accelerates Advisory's marketplace technology capabilities by providing foundational technology services, cutting-edge research and innovation support, and guidance and expertise to market-facing teams.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in back-end/full-stack development, platform development, and application architecture
- Expert knowledge of Python
- A deep understanding and multi-process and microservices architecture
- Solid experience with integrating complex REST APIs, HTTP requests, XML, and JSON data formats
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Understanding of NoSQL databases, MongoDB preferred
- Understanding of RDBMS
- Experience with in-memory data store, Redis preferred
- Experience with Python web server / web framework, Sanic preferred
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or cloud deployment technologies
- Experience with package managers, bundlers and task runners (e.g., npm, Node.js, Webpack, Jasmine)
- Proficient with version control systems, issue trackers and documentation tools (e.g., Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence).
- Good knowledge and practical experience of client-side build/config management
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience with application of design patterns in front-end development
- Experience with peer reviewing of source code, code refactoring for performance improvements
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifts in priorities and objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-driven, excellent self-organization skills with proven ability to work independently for achieving development objectives.
- Experience in working in an Agile scrum team
- Proficient in troubleshooting, diagnosing and solve problems through browser-based developer tools.
- Travel up to 80% (While 80% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
Good to Have:
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Apache and Nginx a plus.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 22477
Apply on company website