The Business Analyst will serve as part of a team supporting established projects and creating products from the ground up.
Work you'll do
The incumbent is a team player who is passionate about learning, has experience working with stakeholders, proven analytical skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
In addition to working with/on multiple teams, you will have an opportunity to improve processes and systems, conduct research and analysis in order to come up with solutions to business problems, help introduce the business problems to other team members/developers.
You will have an opportunity to influence and contribute to the full suite of Deloitte products by adapting and expanding existing infrastructure and architecture to meet product owner demands.
In this fast-paced environment, you will be required to work with stakeholders to gather requirements, documenting problem statements, gathering feedback, facilitating user acceptance testing.
You should feel comfortable reviewing feature and defect requests through the issue tracker system to include reviewing resolution estimates, providing solution details, and ticket assignments.
The Tech Center accelerates Advisory's marketplace technology capabilities by providing foundational technology services, cutting-edge research and innovation support, and guidance and expertise to market-facing teams.
- 5+ of proven work experience as a Business Analyst or similar role
- Evaluate business processes, requirements, identifying improvement areas, and develop optimization strategies
- Collaborates with stakeholders/sponsors to determine scope and vision
- Staying current on latest software development processes to modernize existing processes
- Conducts interviews to gather requirements/feedback through workshops, storyboarding, use-case documentation, and other methods
- Participates in the Quality Check (QC) process to ensure features and functions enabled are optimized and meet business requirements
- Analyzes and validates requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements through the project lifecycle, enforce and redefine as necessary
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience with technology and has technical understanding
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience with creating detailed reports, presentations, project plans
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Provides guidance to junior staff members
- Travel up to 80% (While 80% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
Good to Have:
- Experience with software development processes
- Experience with Markdown, mermaid diagrams
- Experience with Azure DevOps Services
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 22482
Apply on company website