CBO - Project Delivery Senior Analyst - Java Application Developer (Fullstack)
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity in Chicago, IL.
Work you will do/Responsibilities
• Innovating solutions to work around system limitations
• Adapting to new technologies and gain a functional understanding
• Understanding control procedures and disciplines
• Working with quality assurance teams in systems similar to JIRA and or Confluence
• Problem solving with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error delivering high quality work and adapting to new challenges, as an individual or as part of a team
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience
• Experience with Java/J2EE frameworks especially Spring, Spring Boot/AOP, Web Services (Rest)
• Experience with Test Driven Development
• Experienced with front end development frameworks like Angular/React js.
• Project experience developing Spring applications
• Project experience using Spring JDBC to create, read, update, and delete data in a database
• Project experience writing SQL queries, inserts, updates, and deletes
• Project experience developing multi-module maven projects
• Project experience developing applications on a SCRUM team
• 3-5 years of experience working knowledge of Oracle 11g Database, SQL/PL, and SQL queries
• 3-5 years of experience in both designing and developing platform components using Java Web Services, and Component Based Architectures
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Must be willing to live and work in the Chicago, IL area
• Limited Sponsorship: Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
• Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Strong analytical, design and debugging skills
• Ability to develop design , test and deployment documentation
• Strong J2EE platform integration, framework, and deployment experience
• Experience with deployment tools to package and deploy components
• Database persistence framework experience using JDBC, JPA, JNDI and data source configuration.
• Ability to develop UML artifacts e.g., Class, Sequence, Activity, and/or Use Case diagrams with minimal supervision.
• Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E21CHICACSAZ003-PDM
Apply on company website