Position Summary Channel Sales Manager – Salesforce Consumer (Retail, Consumer Products, Auto, Hospitality, Transportation) and eCommerce Focus Deloitte is currently seeking candidates for our Channel Sales Manager (CSM) role, focusing on digital transformations enabled by Salesforce solutions for Consumer and eCommerce clients. The CSM's primary objective is to identify early stage opportunities by working directly with the Salesforce sales teams. The CSM will bring a clear, compelling perspective on the value Deloitte offers as a go-to-market partner with Salesforce—and, how Deloitte and Salesforce can position and sell our combined solutions to target accounts. CSMs will need to have strong networking skills, great sales instincts, Consumer and eCommerce industry knowledge, outstanding communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment across a matrixed organization. The team CSMs are members of Deloitte's Salesforce Sales Team. CSMs, working closely with Sales Executives (SEs), Principals, and Managing Directors, focus on developing trusted relationships with Salesforce Sales teams, Partner Alliance teams and Go-To-Market teams. The CSM will work most closely with the existing Deloitte Sales Executives as the highly visible go-to Deloitte contacts for the Salesforce Consumer and eCommerce sales and partner alliance teams. Additionally, CSMs will engage directly with the broader Deloitte Consumer and eCommerce teams for knowledge sharing and evangelizing Deloitte's Salesforce capabilities. Work you'll do: CSMs will take a lead role in securing and maturing many key relationships with Salesforce Account Executives (AEs) and sales management across the Salesforce Consumer and eCommerce teams. The CSM will develop engagement and coverage strategies, co-facilitate meetings, secure and prepare for quarterly business reviews, grow pipeline by identifying and shaping new leads, manage pipeline in Deloitte's instance of Salesforce, drive attendance to marketing events and help shape new offerings. Key activities include:
- Identify new leads in the Consumer and eCommerce industry with Salesforce and Deloitte account teams
- Qualify new leads based on a select group of sector specific criteria
- Establish yourself as the face of Deloitte to all Salesforce sales executives and sales leaders.
- Drive the initial interaction between qualified sales account discussions between Deloitte account teams and Salesforce sales professionals.
- Create excitement around Deloitte's Salesforce capabilities with the Salesforce Consumer and eCommerce Teams
- Develop authentic and trusted relationships with Salesforce team members
- Leverage Salesforce relationships to identify new sales leads, with a focus on creating leads at new logo accounts
- Partner with the Consumer and eCommerce Sales Executive to qualify and shape leads into new sales opportunities
- Work closely with Deloitte Consumer and eCommerce Sector leaders in our Salesforce practice and also with our Deloitte industry leaders
- Assist with business development activities by teeing up account planning sessions with the appropriate Deloitte team members and Salesforce sales teams
- Meet sales targets/goals that will be set based on the number of new qualified leads surfaced on a monthly basis.
- Learn Deloitte's Salesforce differentiators and create client-specific marketing and selling materials
- Track market trends and propose ideas for new differentiators to address new market opportunities
- CSM brings a strong understanding of the core aspects of the sales, marketing and servicing functions in Consumer and eCommerce
- CSM should continue to build knowledge of forward-thinking processes and capabilities around digital transformations in Consumer and eCommerce
- Take a lead role in the opportunity management process, including actively leveraging the Deloitte CRM (Salesforce) solution for efficient collaboration and communication
- Work with the Consumer and eCommerce and broader team on partner planning meeting preparation, including agenda development, research, materials creation, logistics, as well as notes capture and report outs
- Propose ideas for events to connect with clients, including customization of Deloitte eminence materials and distribution of relevant thought-leadership to key stakeholders
- Promote Deloitte presence at partner events to vendor contacts and Deloitte clients
- Drive client attendance at Deloitte and Salesforce events
- Support the broader team by collecting and curating relevant selling materials (thought leadership, success stories, proposals, etc.)
- Travel of 25% for key events (While 25% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Experience in large enterprise sales (not looking for alliance experience)
- Proven track record of success in prior cloud sales position selling into large corporate clients
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong business development experience working in the Retail and Consumer space focused on driving customer experience, eCommerce and overall front-office type offerings (preferably on the Salesforce platform) for clients within a channel alliance environment
- Strong business development background working in the Consumer space in all or some of the following sectors; Retail, Consumer Products, Automotive, Transportation, Hospitality
- Strong business development background working with clients on eCommerce digital transformation initiatives across both B2C and B2C
- Exceptional relationship building/relationship management skills to establish rapport, trust and confidence with vendor teams
- Working knowledge and experience in the Consumer and eCommerce industry sectors
- Team player with excellent follow-up skills
- Project Management experience (process-oriented) and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple parallel projects
- Demonstrated success in driving top-of-the-funnel activity, including a consistent track record of building pipeline/exceeding a sales quota
- Experience in technology consulting
- Experience and deep understanding of solution selling fundamentals, including—lead identification, qualification, stakeholder mapping, competitive analysis, budget confirmation, and compelling events
- Experience and understanding of forecasting, including—phase assignment, probability, close dates, risk analysis
- Demonstrated success performing in a large matrixed organization
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite – strong PowerPoint and Excel skills critical
- Proficient in Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management
- Ability to act autonomously, self-starter
- Quick learner with high energy, persistence and creative problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, ability to adapt to changing environment
- Enthusiastic and willingness to be engaged
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Deep understanding of digital transformation
- Techno-functional understanding of the Salesforce portfolio and supporting ecosystem
- Experience in technology consulting having worked with Digital Agencies, Consultancies or Technology Providers
- Working knowledge and selling experience in one or all Consumer and eCommerce industry sectors.
- Bachelor's degree
SalesOpsGreenDot Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 14111
Apply on company website