Senior Level - Cognos Report Developer
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's GPS Operational Excellence group. We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
Support the Government Business Systems team's efforts to provide enabling areas and client practitioners with end-to-end reporting capabilities leveraging COGNOS (11.0) Analytics technology. Facilitate reporting and analysis, deliver exceptional client service, and ultimately; achieve the practice's desired profitability, compliance, and operational reporting strategy.
Unique Business Situation:
Support the Government & Public Services (GPS) Practice in leading and managing the development of the Cognos Report Portfolio. Collaborate with business stakeholders to capture and translate requirements into the development and delivery of a comprehensive suite of Cognos reports, that incorporate multiple data sources across all business streams: Procure to Pay, Revenue & Billing, Cost Accounting, Budget & Forecast, CRM Pipeline. Help position the Government Business Systems team as the key business enabler, offering reporting solutions that are high-impact, leading-edge, and creative.
Illustrative responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing the GPS Cognos reporting team and deliverable schedule
- Collaborates with key stakeholders, gathering business requirements, and translating requirements into reporting and dashboard solutions
- Identifies key drivers of a defined problem and proposes solutions
- Recognizes and solves problems using analysis, experience, and judgment
- Performs analysis and effective diagnosis of clients' issues
- Selects the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements
- Develops and shares reusable assets that can be readily applied to new client projects
- Understands the benefits of using state of the art methods and tools and their application on a particular engagement; contributes to continuous development of methods and tools
- Develops solutions to client problems through application of personal experience and methods and tools; validates solutions to subject matter experts
- Mentors and cross-trains members of the Government Business Systems team
- Partner with IT and support the design/configuration of Cognos framework
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software
- Engineering, or related IT discipline
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience with SAP, Costpoint, Business Objects and overall ERP / BI data and concepts
- Ability to handle multiple clients and multiple team members with confidence
- Aptitude for trouble-shooting and problem-solving
- Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting. Hands-on programming experience
- U.S. Citizenship required
- IBM Certified Solutions Expert certification preferred, but not required
- 6+ years of relevant experience in a business intelligence role developing reports and dashboards using various BI tools
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- Experience writing SQL, SQL Server database, Oracle databases
- Experience building relational & multi-dimensional reports using IBM Cognos Analytics 11.0
- Experience creating framework models using IBM Cognos 11.0
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and culture inspires our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be balanced, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are constantly looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E21NATSMGRJD124-ITL5
Apply on company website