Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Consultant, Customer & Marketing, Human Services Transformation in Seattle, WA and various unanticipated Deloitte office locations and client sites nationally.
Work You'll Do
Provide software advisory and implementation services to help companies unlock the value of big end to end technology solutions as discrete services or comprehensive solutions. Help define systems strategy, develop system requirements, design, prototype, and test custom technology solutions, and support system implementation. Design and develop validation processes to carry out functional gap analysis and recommend system solutions to resolve gaps and improve system functionality. Research user reported issues with software systems, identify root causes and resolutions, implement fixes, and liaise between business functions, end users, and technical delivery teams. Track implementation defects using defect tracking tools JIRA and Team Foundation Server (TFS) to coordinate defect resolution efforts, and document resolution details. Design sub-components of larger systems, integrate the applications, and continuously optimize the system structure to improve stability and performance. Create technical and functional system deliverables and use cases, including screen layouts, navigation flows, logic diagrams, data models, and process models.
- 80% Travel required nationally.
- Telecommuting permitted.
Bachelors degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, any STEM field, or a related field. One year of related work experience in the job offered or in a related occupation. Must have one year of experience with:
- Interacting with Government & Public Sector clients to understand business requirements, goals and pain points in order to brainstorm robust solutions that meet client requirements, and recommending functional & technical solutions to guide them through the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC);
- Driving requirements or Joint Application Requirement (JAR) sessions to identify business requirements, translate these into functional requirements, and document the requirements in a Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) or requirements tracking tools including JIRA or Microsoft (MS) Team Foundation Server (TFS);
- Participating in design or Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions with the client, so as to translate functional requirements into detailed functional design;
- Documenting functional design and technical specifications in Interface Control Document (ICD) Specifications, User Interface (UI) Specifications, functional process flows, Business Logic Diagrams (BLD), and related system documentation using MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Project, and MS Visio, and maintaining in a SharePoint central repository;
- Reviewing System Integration Testing (SIT) test scenarios to ensure all the business requirements are validated and meet agreed-upon design using MS Test Manager (MTM);
- Working closely with client to develop the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) plan and scenarios in order to adhere to established project timelines;
- Tracking defects that arise during testing or user reported issues from Production using JIRA and TFS, working with the Development Team to confirm the validity of the issues, and coordinating with the client to triage the defect to resolution; and
- Communicating functional and technical project status updates and gaps identified to stakeholders in order to derive functional & business enhancements.
- 80% Travel required nationally.
- Telecommuting permitted.
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 28396
Apply on company website