Position Summary You have experience in federal tax and/or partnership tax compliance. You're not an expert in technology, but you've been working with Excel or a customized software package and you really like technology. Are you a tax guru with a passion for pioneering custom software applications and proprietary solutions? If so, we have the career opportunity to keep you buzzing well beyond tax time! Work you'll do: As a Consultant on our PSG ERO team, you will:
- Implement strategic tax structures and oversee complex tax computation projects for clients in diverse industries.
- Assist clients with life events for partnerships (e.g. formations, mergers, initial public offerings), inside and outside basis computations, Section 704(c) and Section 743(b) computations, Schedule K-1 processing, and the development of custom technology solutions to streamline the partnership compliance process.
- Use proprietary technologies to assist clients in streamlining their tax compliance processes and achieve worldwide compliance.
- Assume tax-planning responsibilities for our federal tax clients and actively participate in client strategy meetings.
- Spend a large amount of time at client locations across the United States for the purpose of meeting client deadlines.
- Mentor and develop junior staff including in our U.S. India office, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance, and guidance on issues related to work/life fit.
- 1+ years experience in federal partnership tax
- Bachelors degree in accounting or business-related field
- CPA, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or eligible)
- Travel up to 30% (while 30% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to Covid-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LL.M Big 4 or comparable experience
Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrated research skills
Self-starter and demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
Aptitude in MS Project, Word, Excel, and Visio
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 10991
Apply on company website