Are you interested in improving the privacy risk profiles of leading companies? If your response is yes, consider joining Deloitte & Touche LLP's growing data privacy practice. Our data privacy specialists assist our clients with the design and implementation of holistic privacy programs, inclusive of people, process, and technology capabilities.
Work you'll do
- Work with experienced project teams and leaders to help:
- Clients understand the impact of privacy laws, regulations and standards/trends across their organization and develop strategies to enhance their privacy program maturity
- Clients in the development of privacy program governance components (e.g., policies, procedures, standards, frameworks, trainings, notices) for complex global clients across industries
- Clients understand how privacy technologies can serve as an enabler for privacy program operations and assist with deployment of leading privacy technologies
- Help coordinate with diverse group of client stakeholders to meet their unique needs in fast-paced environments
- Support the privacy practice in market expansion and revenue growth YoY
Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of associated cyber risks. Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients transform their cyber risk programs into proactive cyber risk programs. Join the team developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk Services practice.
- 1+ years of experience in assessing, designing, building, and implementing privacy programs
- Knowledge and awareness of domestic and global privacy laws, regulations, and standards such as the GDPR, CCPA, CPRA, CDPA, HIPAA, GLBA, COPPA
- 1+ years of experience in developing, implementing, and/or operating one or more of the privacy program components such as:
- Organization and operating model
- Privacy requirements and control frameworks
- Privacy metrics and reporting procedures
- Record of processing activities / data inventory
- Privacy policies, notices, contracts and clauses
- Individual / data subject rights
- Consent, preference, and cookies management
- Third party privacy risk management
- Cross-border data transfer mechanisms (e.g. binding corporate rules, model contracts)
- Privacy by design/default and data privacy impact assessments
- Privacy training and awareness
- Privacy incident response
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- BA/BS degree
- Awareness of privacy technologies such as OneTrust, BigID, WireWheel, Securiti.ai, Informatica, and Collibra; relevant certifications a plus
- Understanding of security for privacy concepts and technologies such as data access governance, data classification, data discovery, encryption, masking, tokenization, information rights management, and data loss prevention
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS, MS Azure, GCP
- Familiarity with reporting tools such as Tableau, Power BI
- Awareness of ongoing and recent developments across the privacy landscape
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 28257
Apply on company website