Are you a driven problem solver looking to help our clients tackle some of the most pressing challenges within Government and Public Services (GPS)? Join Deloitte's Program Integrity practice to help government agencies protect taxpayer money. To address the threats that perpetuate fraud, waste, and abuse, our clients look to our team to provide the guidance and solutions required to help them stay ahead of emerging issues and protect the integrity of their programs. If you are looking for a rapidly growing, collaborative environment with opportunities to make an impact and grow, our Program Integrity team would be a great fit for you!
If you are interested in finding solutions for our clients without the extensive demands of travel, you should consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center (USDC)! We bring together cohesive teams with a focus on thought diversity and collaborative problem solving to address client challenges efficiently and effectively. The USDC is growing rapidly and we are actively seeking the right professionals to join our team!
The Anti-Fraud Waste and Abuse solution, Pallium, continues to increase the capacity, quality, and efficiency of Deloitte by utilizing state-of-the-art technology and machine learning in a dedicated environment. We need you to help extend our application and contribute significantly to new feature development.
Work you'll do
As a Consultant within our Data Engineering team, you will:
- Provide technical support for the design and implementation of data driven software test automation
- Maximize levels of automated test coverage with flexible, manageable, and durable tests
- Develop and manage test plans for releases
- Debug and help troubleshoot issues to determine root causes
- Plan alongside developers and refine feature user stories for agile scrum teams
- Actively participate in the development of business and vendor relationships
- Displays both breadth and depth of knowledge regarding functional and technical issues
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
We bring a rigorous approach to help government agencies effectively detect, prevent, and respond to issues related to fraud, waste, and abuse. Our team helps tackle these threats by bringing cutting edge analytics and AI experience with innovative mindsets. Our Program Integrity team focuses on thought diversity and collaborative problem solving to help clients address these challenges holistically, with a common goal to protect the integrity of their programs.
- Bachelor's degree required in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Business Analytics disciplines, or related area
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- 1+ years of experience with data quality analysis, statistical analysis and/or modeling, financial or cost analysis, internal controls, and/or external/internal financial audit
- Experience mining and analyzing transactional electronic data with competency in one or more of the following: SAS, SQL, SPSS, R, Python, ACP, IDEA Tableau, MATLAB, Visual Basic, Business Intelligence, Hadoop or Alteryx
- Expertise in configuring and maintaining PostgreSQL
- Experience performance tuning queries and data models to produce the best execution plan
- Experience with Apache Spark or AWS EMR
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) with strong preference towards AWS
- Strong knowledge of Python & SQL
- Strong experience building data pipelines & ETL. Experience with ETL tools such as Talend or Informatica
- Experience with GIT or working with JIRA or similar project tracking software
- Experience with both Windows and Linux
- Understanding of the full software development life cycle in an AGILE development team
- Ability to interface with nontechnical end users and translate business requests into technical requests.
- Travel up to 15%
- Advanced Degree in related field
- Certified in SAS, ACL, CPA, CISA, CISSP, PMP, FRM, ASA, and/or CFA
- Experience with RDS in AWS a big plus
- Experience with microservices running within Docker
- Experience with data streaming such as Apache Kafka, AWS kinesis, Spark Streaming, or similar tools
- Experience with many other big data technologies at scale. Experience with BigQuery or similar (Redshift, Snowflake, other MPP databases)
- Knowledge of when to use NOSQL versus traditional RDBMS
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau and Jaspersoft
- Kafka, Rabbitmq or similar queueing technologies a plus
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 23347
Apply on company website