The Customer and Marketing practice of Deloitte is seeking data scientists to work with Fortune 500 companies to transform their organizations. We are looking for individuals who are adept at understanding how strategic recommendations can be implemented in market, enabled by data science and analytics. As part of our team you will lead development of analysts to support the creation and implementation of customer-led strategies and commercial transformations.
Work you'll do
- Ability to understand business goals and translate them into Machine Learning use cases and model design
- Understanding and applying clustering/sampling techniques to design
- Having and growing an understanding of the multi-channel marketing optimization problem space
- Performing exploratory data analysis to understand relationships, opportunities to influence outcomes and how to attribute cross channel outcomes
- Being able to quickly iterate over common feature transformation and model types in order to find the best predictive models
- Being able to interpret the models that are being generated
- Developing proofs of concept to verify your ideas
- Closing the loop to make sure that the proposed solution is performing as it should and is correctly understood by clients
- Working closely with clients throughout
You'll join a team of passionate, talented data scientists who collaborate to design, build and maintain cutting-edge models that arm our clients with the ability to spot customer value and act upon it. If you're intellectually curious, hardworking and solution-oriented, you'll fit right into our fast-paced, collaborative environment. In addition to working with our data science team, you'll also work closely with our data engineering team to develop top-of-the-line data pipelines.
Because this is a senior role, we are looking for candidates that can carry out research in an autonomous fashion, and who can interact closely with clients with varying levels of machine learning experience.
Customer Strategy & Applied Design
Deloitte's Customer Strategy and Applied Design practice serves as the strategy and experience arm of our Customer and Marketing portfolio of offerings.
Spanning the domains of customer experience, marketing strategy, commercial transformation and innovation/design, our team brings the insight and industry perspective to shape client agendas in the face of disruption. Our team is a diverse array of business strategists, operations experts, designers and technologists passionate about partnering with clients to create customer-centered experiences and solutions in the market.
- Experience leading teams of 5-10 people in the creation of data science solutions.
- Prior experience working with large quantitative and qualitative datasets both hands on and managing teams doing the work.
- Ability to guide teams on appropriate methodology and approach for data science solutions to business problems.
- Ability to derive methods for reporting on analytic results that control for outside factors
- Experience proposing analytic solutions to both technical and non-technical audience in response to RFPs
- Prior hands on experience working in R or Python.
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies including multivariate regression, Bayesian statistics, categorization methods, time series, survival analysis
- Strong storytelling skills with experience presenting to large technical and non-technical audiences all the way to the C-Suite emphasizing translating data science outcomes into business implications.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- MS in Statistics, Analytics, Operations Research, Social Sciences, or Data Science
- 8+ years' experience with a combination of hands on work and management experience
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 19156
Apply on company website